New Everton Stadium Discussion

There seems to be this hope that Peel play ball and that if they don't we're sunk. I would expect the Council to make it clear to Peel that if they don't play nice they have in their back pocket cpo powers to compel them to come to the table, after all , Perl have land banked this land now for years, and with Brexit its difficult to see any major developments going ahead in th next five years.

They're RIBA offices!

By the way, Unesco has problems with the entire Peel development and wants an embargo of any planning for a couple of years!
The council have already proved they are willing to forego heritage status by passing plans, so that wouldn't/shouldn't be an issue anyway.

Unesco have been a problem for the city ever since we received the world heritage status, the council have had no choice but to tell them where to go with this latest demand by them - they wanted any developments within a large area spanning across most of the city centre to be put on hold for at least 2 years, something that would destroy all kinds of investment throughout the city. These are people who don't live here yet see the city as if it's a museum piece and not something that is actually living and breathing. The same type of people who constantly reject quality tall buildings being developed too.

I'm no fan of a lot of stuff the council has approved of in the city centre and Labour have been really poor for us but Unesco are massively overstepping with the way they think they can shape how Liverpool develops. Hopefully if it is the end of WHS it will mean we can move forward as a city in general but with the added bonus of them not trying to interfere in a potential stadium build on the docks too.

This talk of a 50,000 seater stadium , personally I think we should be aiming higher long term. 60,000 would be far better. By the time it's built there a is a very good chance the team will be far stronger. Sold thirty odd thousand season tickets this year which I think ,with some success , could be 40+. We have a massive "sleeping support" around the country especially in Lancs.

I'm a Town Planner, not in Liverpool, any major development project can be problematical, particularly those in an urban area. The trick is to open and transparent from the outset. Give everybody all the information they need to make assess the project. All the visual assessments, environmental studies, traffic assessments, design statements etc.
The GAA tried to re-develop Casement Park in Belfast, they hid all the information they thought was damaging to the project. The locals objected at all stages and eventually took a Judicial Review and the project has now stalled. A perfect example of 'how not to do development'.
So I urge Everton to front load the planning system and get all information into the public domain early doors.
Success for a football club does not only come on the playing surface, a new riverside stadium would be a major step forward for our club, I could take three more years of playing mediocre football to see a new stadium being constructed.
I prefer success on both fronts. COYB.

With a stadium on the docks, could their be any reason for legitimate public objections against us building there, like there was against the Kirkby stadium from the locals?

With a stadium on the docks, could their be any reason for legitimate public protest against us building there, like there was against the Kirkby stadium?

I have been a planner for a long while, when people turn on a project then that equals delays. The Planning Dept. of the council will have to consider all objections, this is a very time consuming process. Best avoided by the dissemination of information. People, in my experience, tend to be very suspicious animals, if you don't tell them something they start to think you are hiding stuff, they then believe you are trying to take advantage and they start looking for the reason. People can find justification for most things if they aren't made aware of all the implications of a project.
In my time I have seen all sorts of issues being put forward to stymie development, bats, bashers, lesser spotted newt, perceived fear, all sorts. Trust is the answer to these issues, get information out and propose solutions. While it is a saying which I hate, people need to take ownership of a project lime this and identify with it, not against it.

last time i went up to watch my beloved everton, me and the wife went for a walk at albert dock and ended up walking past the echo arena, then the wife piped up "isnt that where everton were supposed to build that stadium" . suddenly my mood changed to anger frustration then followed by depression. all i could think of was "what an opportunity missed". obviously these were the days before moshiri and if we can pull this off and move to an iconic stadium at the docks i will probably shed a few tears of joy. it would be a game changer and a massive massive statement that everton are back, the fans deserve it we deserve to walk around our city with our chests puffed out and proud of our football club. i dread to think what would we have done without moshiri being here and that walk on that sunday was one of resignation that we were going no where no plan and no future vision. please everton make this happen!!

I have been a planner for a long while, when people turn on a project then that equals delays. The Planning Dept. of the council will have to consider all objections, this is a very time consuming process. Best avoided by the dissemination of information. People, in my experience, tend to be very suspicious animals, if you don't tell them something they start to think you are hiding stuff, they then believe you are trying to take advantage and they start looking for the reason. People can find justification for most things if they aren't made aware of all the implications of a project.
In my time I have seen all sorts of issues being put forward to stymie development, bats, bashers, lesser spotted newt, perceived fear, all sorts. Trust is the answer to these issues, get information out and propose solutions. While it is a saying which I hate, people need to take ownership of a project lime this and identify with it, not against it.

Problem here is the Kopites not bats and lesser spotted newts. They will do everything to disrupt and object to it out of sheer jealousy

I know this is probably going to be dismissed or blown over, but global warming is a pretty real thing. How would rising sea levels affect this? Would be 'Everton, that' if we get a state of the art stadium and 10 years later need to move because of flooding.

I know this is probably going to be dismissed or blown over, but global warming is a pretty real thing. How would rising sea levels affect this? Would be 'Everton, that' if we get a state of the art stadium and 10 years later need to move because of flooding.

To be honest mate if the water rises that much most of Merseyside will be washed away anyway

If this comes off, rs tears will be more of a worry mate.

Problem here is the Kopites not bats and lesser spotted newts. They will do everything to disrupt and object to it out of sheer jealousy

In the Council I work for an objection to a planning application has to be made in writing, that would rule most of the Kopites out. The weight the Council would give to the objections from those that can write would be limited as it is difficult to take letters written in crayon seriously.

This talk of a 50,000 seater stadium , personally I think we should be aiming higher long term. 60,000 would be far better. By the time it's built there a is a very good chance the team will be far stronger. Sold thirty odd thousand season tickets this year which I think ,with some success , could be 40+. We have a massive "sleeping support" around the country especially in Lancs.
I hear what you're saying but I'm not convinced that 20,000 non-matchgoers will suddenly become matchgoers. I would've hoped the club has done some research into potential attendance figures before building a stadium though.

I hear what you're saying but I'm not convinced that 20,000 non-matchgoers will suddenly become matchgoers. I would've hoped the club has done some research into potential attendance figures before building a stadium though.

loads of kids decide to support city and chelsea all of a sudden and foreign visitors who like to watch a game will go and see these sorts of teams. it only takes a little bit of success to start attracting a lot of matchgoers.