New Everton Stadium Discussion

I think the wall is beautiful. I think it adds lots of character to the stadium as well as reminding everyone of the history of the site.
Eventually as Peel build out the docks there'll be increased access via the south and west.
The stadium is nice but, for me, it's taken to the next level with the preservation of the dock wall and the hydraulic tower.
As for walling it's self off, the most prominent facade (south), looks right out on the most built up part of the city, and the west literally sweeps down to the mersey.
Love it or hate it, it will always be better than seeing this as you walked up to the stadium...
download.jpeg

It's a lovely wall

I dont. It's ugly.

It separates our stadium from the people.
Without a wall, it's not possible to have a proper fan zone. The area would be swamped. You have to show your ticket at the dock wall to get to the fan zone on a match day. Also, no dock wall and it's not possible to use the fan zone for non football events like smaller concerts, exhibitions etc.

Without a wall, it's not possible to have a proper fan zone. The area would be swamped. You have to show your ticket at the dock wall to get to the fan zone on a match day. Also, no dock wall and it's not possible to use the fan zone for non football events like smaller concerts, exhibitions etc.
Whats this ? Say you need to collect your ticket from the ticket office ?

I've obviously been asleep or something and missed a step......

Rail seats in the South Stand. Is that 'safe standing', didn't know it had been authorised??

cheers

I don't think you'll have to use a ticket to get into the fan plaza on a match day, but for other events held there then they could use the wall as the point you need to show tickets.

I always suspected you would do and a few months ago it was confirmed somewhere that you would. You'll have to forgive me, I can't remember how it was confirmed, but it was more than just a "mate of a mate said". Possibly came out from a fan who'd attended a focus group? Honestly can't remember. Think about it, it makes sense. Imagine how many fans ticketless fans would turn up when the place first opened just to have a close look. It would be dangerously packed.

I always suspected you would do and a few months ago it was confirmed somewhere that you would. You'll have to forgive me, I can't remember how it was confirmed, but it was more than just a "mate of a mate said". Possibly came out from a fan who'd attended a focus group? Honestly can't remember. Think about it, it makes sense. Imagine how many fans ticketless fans would turn up when the place first opened just to have a close look. It would be dangerously packed.

Not really any different from Goodison, Anfield or anywhere else now is it? There may be cursory checks but like the other poster said the Ticket Office is on the South East corner.

@The Esk wrote this a couple of days ago about the dock wall...

...something I concur with and spoke about a couple of years back.

Is that lizard ever positive about anything?

Also the wall enables us to hire out the fan plaza for other events, for example outdoor concerts. So it is revenue generating.