New Everton Stadium Discussion

I was at both games ,wasn't there about 10000 blues at Southampton?
It was because we had beaten the rs in the previous round.Another year where we blew it at home against City drew at home then lost away.
I was at both games too. I remember getting off the train at Southampton station with loads of blues, and the old fella who was always at the England games with the top hat and Union Jack jacket was at the bottom of the stairs to meet us, giving all the Evertonians a salute!
Great memories!

I was at both games too. I remember getting off the train at Southampton station with loads of blues, and the old fella who was always at the England games with the top hat and Union Jack jacket was at the bottom of the stairs to meet us, giving all the Evertonians a salute!
Great memories!
Yes I remember him walking back towards the station with the everton fans

Don’t know how he couldn’t see the section of seats missing in the North Stand that the fella is referring to on that last question. Is it a walkway or have they just not put seats in yet?
IMG_0147.jpeg

I was at that one, i can even remember the gate I went in. The Gwladys St turnstile that was on the corner on the Bullens side. Slammed shut only a few people after me and my mates got in. I usually went in earlier but Queues were horrendous and only just made it. Went to the earlier away draw at the Dell. One of the worst crushes I've ever been in. The away end was like sardines. Silly o'clock in the morning Barnes Travel.
Went down on the coach for that one too (aged 17). I remember stopping off somewhere in Oxfordshire for the whole bus to relieve ourselves against the hedge of a posh woman's house. She came running out just as we were making our escape. Also taking over a country pub in a Hampshire village until the local yokels came looking for us. Having already knocked out Arsenal and the RS we really felt this was going to be our year which maybe explains the turnout and incredible atmosphere for the replay at Goodison 3 days later. All a bit off topic, but yes there were certainly far more than 49,000 there and it's still one of my favourite Goodison night matches.

Don’t know how he couldn’t see the section of seats missing in the North Stand that the fella is referring to on that last question. Is it a walkway or have they just not put seats in yet? View attachment 257776

Yeah there were a couple of obvious things he missed like that in the video, but tbf he is looking at a small screen, probably in sunlight.

Can't wait for that row of seats to be installed.

Not sure I'm a fan of the blue edging on the steps either. It's hard to tell as obviously some are masked up but to me it just doesn't look right. Unless they are purposely trying to make it seem those smaller blocks blend in with another to make it appear larger...

@The Esk wrote this a couple of days ago about the dock wall...

Whilst I understand the significance in heritage terms of the “dock wall”, the reality is that it is madness to have the new stadium hidden by it. The dock wall built, no doubt, with security in mind – keeping people out of the docks and protecting precious cargoes and their ships separates the people of Liverpool from the very feature that provided the city with almost all of its wealth – the River Mersey. It might be too late for an immediate change, but what better representation of a New Everton and indeed an new relationship with the city and its multitude of visitors than opening up the stadium and plaza completely? Emotionally it would be significant, but equally economically and commercially. Do we need to retain ownership of the plaza? People have discussed the part sale of the stadium as a solution to our obvious financial difficulties. How about removing the wall and selling the plaza back to the city or other private developers. Integrate the stadium with the future development around it.

It would make economic sense, but perhaps more importantly, be representative of a more integrated Everton, an outward-looking Everton, a New Everton. We, as Evertonians know the unique bond between us and our City, a bond stronger in every sense than the bond between the City and the club that carries its name. A bond, in truth, more representative of the city’s values and history.

...something I concur with and spoke about a couple of years back.

You will now be known as Davesk my son.

God bless.

I think the wall is beautiful. I think it adds lots of character to the stadium as well as reminding everyone of the history of the site.
Eventually as Peel build out the docks there'll be increased access via the south and west.
The stadium is nice but, for me, it's taken to the next level with the preservation of the dock wall and the hydraulic tower.
As for walling it's self off, the most prominent facade (south), looks right out on the most built up part of the city, and the west literally sweeps down to the mersey.

I think the wall is beautiful. I think it adds lots of character to the stadium as well as reminding everyone of the history of the site.
Eventually as Peel build out the docks there'll be increased access via the south and west.
The stadium is nice but, for me, it's taken to the next level with the preservation of the dock wall and the hydraulic tower.
As for walling it's self off, the most prominent facade (south), looks right out on the most built up part of the city, and the west literally sweeps down to the mersey.
I dont. It's ugly.

It separates our stadium from the people.