New Everton Stadium Discussion

Yeah you see this is great but in 50 years people will say it was a mistake that we build a stadium with no future hindsight about expansion. When teams will go out and build 100k seater stadiums I’m worried ours will be seen at the small one, we haven’t future proofed ourselves at all.

I love the stadium but from the start I have said it needed to be 60k at least. The actual numbers have changed, at one point it was 55k and now it’s 52 or whatever. I think it’s a shame we are leaving Goodison for another 14k’s worth of seats. It’s rubbish. The stadium looks great but we have built a new stadium and St James’ Park in the same size.

We have 20k now of season tickets, we have 40k season ticket waiting list (apparently) and we sell out most games. The reason to make it 53k just baffles me.
We’re skint trying to build 52k.

Regarding capacity - Had a snide comment in passing from a RS in work (no, of course he doesn't go to the game). "Anfield is still gonna dwarf yours, always in our shadow". I replied that if it meant extra whopper tourists and day trippers, I'm not even arsed. They're welcome to them. I'd sooner a kid from Kirkdale attends than some dumb sheep with a lyrics sheet and half-and-half scarf.

Yeah you see this is great but in 50 years people will say it was a mistake that we build a stadium with no future hindsight about expansion. When teams will go out and build 100k seater stadiums I’m worried ours will be seen at the small one, we haven’t future proofed ourselves at all.

I love the stadium but from the start I have said it needed to be 60k at least. The actual numbers have changed, at one point it was 55k and now it’s 52 or whatever. I think it’s a shame we are leaving Goodison for another 14k’s worth of seats. It’s rubbish. The stadium looks great but we have built a new stadium and St James’ Park in the same size.

We have 20k now of season tickets, we have 40k season ticket waiting list (apparently) and we sell out most games. The reason to make it 53k just baffles me.
Juventus's new ground holds 41k, stamford bridge holds 40,000

I think bramley moore has the potential to hit 60k doesnt it? It also likely costs considerably more to build a 60k+ stadium, and were skint

The list is likely a lot longer due to leaving goodison though. Plus it’s very easy to put yourself on a list but much harder to drop a grand every year.

I’d rather have a 52 stadium that sells out than a 60k one that doesn’t.

Club stated it could be increased to 62,000 based on demand. Slight lack of foresight cos there s a 40,000 waiting list isnt there.
Tbf I know 9 people on the waiting list and only 1 can be @rsed spending his doe to go the match now and I highly doubt any of the others will spend 8-9 ton if they get offered a season ticket at BMD

Just under 53,000 is about right. But if things were to look brighter in the future, and we constructed the 10,000 expansion, we would have no problem filling that too imo when things were rosier. Especially in big games.

Probably wouldnt fill it week in week out, but thats bigger than Anfield - and would shut up a fair few gobby RS, who only consider capacity as the benchmark for a great stadium.

13k is a big step up from Goodison. I'm confident we can fill it, but in the current climate we wouldn't fill 60k enough times to make it justifiable. When you have a ground with 50k + fans it's much of a muchness anyway.

Imo atmosphere and match day experience is what counts. We won't know what the atmosphere is like untill it opens but I'm looking forward to a new match day routine. I know a lot of people won't walk in from town but I will be. I'm looking forward to having a couple of beers and doing the 20-30min walk. And hopefully in future a few new places will pop up to break up the journey.

Also the location and architecture of our ground is up there as one of the best in the country.

“Future hindsight” commonly known as “foresight” in English 😉

The argument about attendance will continue if and only if we can maintain our PL status next season having sold key players to help pay for building it/servicing the mammoth debt.

FWIW this accountant married to an economist thinks limited capacity is probably income maximising if we are even half decent. Demand exceeding supply ensures prices can be pushed higher, particularly for premium offerings.

If at some point we are good enough future revenue growth might come from swapping out standard seats for more premium seats in East/West if facilities allow (shrinking capacity slightly) rather than costly expansion providing more high-up cheap seats.

if we ever get to the stage where we need an expansion, there must therefore be money in the club, therefore where there is money there is a way. Either building up, buying the empty dock next door or buying all or part of the water works

13k is a big step up from Goodison. I'm confident we can fill it, but in the current climate we wouldn't fill 60k enough times to make it justifiable. When you have a ground with 50k + fans it's much of a muchness anyway.

Imo atmosphere and match day experience is what counts. We won't know what the atmosphere is like untill it opens but I'm looking forward to a new match day routine. I know a lot of people won't walk in from town but I will be. I'm looking forward to having a couple of beers and doing the 20-30min walk. And hopefully in future a few new places will pop up to break up the journey.

Also the location and architecture of our ground is up there as one of the best in the country.
I currently walk in from Lime street today and will do at BMD, I enjoy the walk, I really enjoy a couple or three pints in the Tommy Frost and enjoy the walk back. I'll be doing the same at BMD although probably not at the Tommy frost. I also agree that a near always full and compact 53k ground is preferable to a 60k capacity with a 57k attendance that are a bit less densely packed. Its going to be awesome

I currently walk in from Lime street today and will do at BMD, I enjoy the walk, I really enjoy a couple or three pints in the Tommy Frost and enjoy the walk back. I'll be doing the same at BMD although probably not at the Tommy frost. I also agree that a near always full and compact 53k ground is preferable to a 60k capacity with a 57k attendance that are a bit less densely packed. Its going to be awesome
I don't walk up now, but absolutely will for the new place. Really looking forward to that