New Everton Stadium Discussion

Sorry if this has been discussed. Do we know how the increase in capacity to 62000 would be achieved. Is it from safe standing or some structure changes?
Safe standing via a ratio of 1:1.4129483, plus there’s an option to repurpose the Bill Kenwright memorial lawn mower shed to additional safe standing.
There are some other less official ways too…..
IMG_7888.jpeg

100% mate it won't be expanded in building terms. What we see is what we get. It'll only be if standing ratio increases. That's the only we we'll get it up to 62k
Not so sure that is the case. Meis himself said when asked about increasing the capacity that anything can be done with enough money. This figure in my view was put in as a contingency not upon the possibility that safe standing rules change.

Either way, we have definitely done ourselves short
Sold short by a combination of Meis and Moshiri.

Meis knew damn well from the stadium presentation meetings he attended/held in St.Lukes that there was demand for a capacity of 60,000+ but, 'sold' the club the notion that a smaller capacity would guarantee ticket demand would be fulfilled.

Moshiri, even before the Russians invaded Ukraine to cock-up the USM naming rights deal etc etc, insisted that the stadium be built 'to a budget' - and that budget went straight down the toilet the moment Putin ordered his troops over the border and the West sanctioned Usmanov and all the other Putin arselicking oligarchs and their business empires.

Meis knew damn well from the stadium presentation meetings he attended/held in St.Lukes that there was demand for a capacity of 60,000+ but, 'sold' the club the notion that a smaller capacity would guarantee ticket demand would be fulfilled.

Moshiri, even before the Russians invaded Ukraine to cock-up the USM naming rights deal etc etc, insisted that the stadium be built 'to a budget' - and that budget went straight down the toilet the moment Putin ordered his troops over the border and the West sanctioned Usmanov and all the other Putin arselicking oligarchs and their business empires.
As city are demonstrating with the Etihad, these things can always be expanded.
Imagine the even bigger pickle we would be in now if there was another £200m to find to complete the stadium on top of anything we already need.
Eventually if there’s demand, the economics work and a serious board / ownership group in charge I’m sure it will grow.
Personally I think safe standing ratios will change once they’re proven to be a safe as they’re supposed to be.

Why would the architect need or want to sell the cub the notion that a smaller stadium would guarantee ticket demand. Obviously it would, but why would that matter to Meis? His job is to design the stadium, and he would do so from a client brief surely. I would have thought it's no skin off his nose whether it's 50k or 100k capacity and it certainly doesn't matter to him whether EFC manages to fill it or not.

Maybe I'm missing something 🤷‍♂️