New Everton Stadium Discussion

Looks really open to the elements. I've posted on this before but I can't help thinking it is a waste of space, in every sense.
Tottenham's south stand looks pretty much the same wrt space under the terrace. Just different designs where their structure is fully enclosed.

Attachments

• 1685481946289_IMG_20220317_155146.jpg
    1685481946289_IMG_20220317_155146.jpg
    889.1 KB · Views: 6
  • populous_tottenhamhotspurstadium_huftoncrow_004-2-1006x1100.jpg
    populous_tottenhamhotspurstadium_huftoncrow_004-2-1006x1100.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 4
Tottenham's south stand looks pretty much the same wrt space under the terrace. Just different designs where their structure is fully enclosed.

This is really interesting.

I've not looked at Tottingham's new ground in any detail. However take the south stand at BM. In comparison to these images why haven't they gone full windows covering the section above the general admission viewing platform so you could have an upper section. Clearly similar to that on the 2nd image at
NWHL.

There's a lot of space around the stadium that could have been utilised more.

I've not looked at Tottingham's new ground in any detail. However take the south stand at BM. In comparison to these images why haven't they gone full windows covering the section above the general admission viewing platform so you could have an upper section. Clearly similar to that on the 2nd image at
NWHL.

That's the upper tier concourse mate. So same as what we have.

Screenshot_20240514_123808_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220821-210810_Gallery.jpg

The difference is the terracing is also 'inside' but it's just empty space end of the day.

Even though they’ve been like this for decades, I still find it a bit mad how floodlights are so small that you don’t notice them unless you look for them.

They used to be these huge hulking things towering above football grounds… though admittedly before my time, I guess that image of towering floodlights is stuck in the collective consciousness to a degree.
The 4 Towers (sniff it Tolkein) were finished in Sept 1957* with initially 36 lamps per pylon soon increased by and extra 20each
New improved lights - colour TV compliant - were fitted to the new main stand roof and the new Bullens roof for season 1970-71
The pylons were still there in1974 - but went soon after.
* I remember seeing a flood light game at Holly Park / South Lpool in 1954 - 13,000 in that little ground by the station 😱
Just sayin like

The 4 Towers (sniff it Tolkein) were finished in Sept 1957* with initially 36 lamps per pylon soon increased by and extra 20each
New improved lights - colour TV compliant - were fitted to the new main stand roof and the new Bullens roof for season 1970-71
The pylons were still there in1974 - but went soon after.
* I remember seeing a flood light game at Holly Park / South Lpool in 1954 - 13,000 in that little ground by the station 😱
Just sayin like
Well that proves it to me that I never saw them at Goodison, they were gone long before I was born.

Weird that I still think of them when someone says “floodlights.”

Point still stands. It would have looked better with the glass continuing to to concourse and allowing fans above as well ~ but they haven't designed it that way sadly.

Quite a lot of factors at play in all of this. Looking at the two stadiums you'd think our stand is larger from the outside, but that's because part of theirs is hidden by a car park that the pitch also rolls back into. So you are basically already at the height of our upper concourse for their ground floor level. Once you compress the size of the facade then there is less materials etc. required to box it all in.

It comes down to money yes we could have a third floor with bars but that means loads more stairs etc. (or in Spurs' case escalators), they have 3 narrow concourses where we have two wider ones. Personal preference what you think is best.

Have to bear in mind you are comparing a £1 billion stadium to one that would be half the cost with inflation taken out of the equation.

NWHL.

That's what I've asked a few times over the last few months. Maybe they have plans for the future?