New Everton Stadium Discussion

Won't be popular this but after seeing the other side of the park yesterday, I think the first ever game at BM should be something similar.

Everton Legends Vs someone, give some of our greatest even a few minutes to sprinkle some of the old magic into the new ground.

Even if the likes of Nev etc only have 5 minutes. There's plenty of players who would be up for it and are still active.

It would be a great day for the fans and no worries about losing as the result doesn't really matter.

Better than playing Barca or something and the first ever game there being an Everton defeat.

Everton v Everton chile.

That way Everton win.

It would be funny if the 1st game was played on that mini pitch in the centre now, just for all the people who said the pitch wouldnt fit. They could even do it like a mini legends 5aside tournament, and sell additional pitch side tickets to make the 1st attendance over 60k.
You'd be hard pressed to fit Big Nev on that pitch on his own

I have a feeling the stripe on the barrel section is a design aesthetic. If you look at the picture on Dan meis site, there is a clear stripe visible. It seems to be in line with the top of the wall at the back of the stand as well.
Oh the stripe is certainly part of the aesthetic, yes. As someone said a while ago it brings to mind the pattern on Everton Mints, which is a nice touch.

But the focus of discussion in the last couple of days has been on these three triangular sections in particular:

screenshot-2024-03-25-at-12-52-38-png.249964

Oh the stripe is certainly part of the aesthetic, yes. As someone said a while ago it brings to mind the pattern on Everton Mints, which is a nice touch.

But the focus of discussion in the last couple of days has been on these three triangular sections in particular:

screenshot-2024-03-25-at-12-52-38-png.249964
They're the ones I'm referring to. There looks like there will be a horizontal stripe along the whole roof. As it lines up with the top of the stand, I don't think it is a mistake. Whether it is just a feature, or will facilitate something like advertising is something we'll just have to wait and see (I'm not so sure on the advertising angle as they would be installing fittings along the barrel roof structure already).

They're the ones I'm referring to. There looks like there will be a horizontal stripe along the whole roof. As it lines up with the top of the stand, I don't think it is a mistake. Whether it is just a feature, or will facilitate something like advertising is something we'll just have to wait and see (I'm not so sure on the advertising angle as they would be installing fittings along the barrel roof structure already).
Oh okay, sorry for misunderstanding you!

But I don't think it was in any of the renders - the most recent render I'm aware of is the 3D one in the video on the evertonstadium.com site as there's no sign of it there:

Screenshot 2024-03-26 at 16.00.42.png

To be honest, not a bad idea.

They could mix up the teams to make both fairly even, one wearing the home kit, the other the away kit.

At least Everton will win the opening game that way!

Personally I'd love to see some of the old players though. It would be a boss start for the new stadium.
Go round some of the boozers on county road mate you’ll see a few of them

Reading a few Spurs forums and they all seem to believe the atmosphere at their new stadium is crap and it was much better at White Harte Lane.

There stadium has steep stands etc and the big South stand, too.

Apparently, their South stand was marketed to them as a “huge megaphone” but it hasn’t been that way at all.

Let’s hope Meis has done a better job.