New Everton Stadium Discussion

Looked like a sterile American football stadium to me. Prefer ours.
Spurs stadium is designed like a NFL stadium. Ours is purely football built. To Note the 1.2 billion and yet it wouldn’t even rank in the top 10 for NFL stadiums. I think we need to wait until all the finished touches are doing inside, including digital advertising boards, lovely green grass, all the seats and paintwork.

Spurs stadium is designed like a NFL stadium. Ours is purely football built. To Note the 1.2 billion and yet it wouldn’t even rank in the top 10 for NFL stadiums. I think we need to wait until all the finished touches are doing inside, including digital advertising boards, lovely green grass, all the seats and paintwork.

NWHL is much tighter than practically all NFL stadiums and its sightlines are more conducive to viewing our football. No NFL stadium has a large Kop-like end stand either. It's corporate offer is literally several levels above BMD, with whole dedicated elevated tiers offering more varied and exclusive viewing angle options. Generating far more income. Its construction costs were less than ours, although project costs may be similar.

At the same time BMD's relative simplicity may be more unifying in terms of whole-stadium atmosphere etc. Sometimes less is more. A bit like comparing say 1960's Goodison to 1960's Anfield. Structurally, two-tiered Goodison was head and shoulders over the single-tiered austerity of Anfield on almost every measure. However, Anfield was a simple tight, enclosed echo-chamber, that could easily generate a good atmosphere with less than 40,000 inside. Goodison's high and clipped-back roof-lines and low terraces usually needed bigger attendances, but as a result of standing on all sides and a greater capacity, was a real bearpit when the right occasion or provocation arrived. BMD is more of a basic bowl than NWHL or indeed Goodison is. In many ways, Meis' design for Roma was probably more reflective of GP, but with better proportions and acoustics.

NWHL is much tighter than practically all NFL stadiums and its sightlines are more conducive to viewing our football. No NFL stadium has a large Kop-like end stand either. It's corporate offer is literally several levels above BMD, with whole dedicated elevated tiers offering more varied and exclusive viewing angle options. Generating far more income. Its construction costs were less than ours, although project costs may be similar.

At the same time BMD's relative simplicity may be more unifying in terms of whole-stadium atmosphere etc. Sometimes less is more. A bit like comparing say 1960's Goodison to 1960's Anfield. Structurally, two-tiered Goodison was head and shoulders over the single-tiered austerity of Anfield on almost every measure. However, Anfield was a simple tight, enclosed echo-chamber, that could easily generate a good atmosphere with less than 40,000 inside. Goodison's high and clipped-back roof-lines and low terraces usually needed bigger attendances, but as a result of standing on all sides and a greater capacity, was a real bearpit when the right occasion or provocation arrived. BMD is more of a basic bowl than NWHL or indeed Goodison is. In many ways, Meis' design for Roma was probably more reflective of GP, but with better proportions and acoustics.
NWHL is almost carbon copy of the Viking’s stadium. Can’t be a bowl when it’s square or rectangular either. That’s your opinion which you’re entitled to my opinion is different with regards to BMD.

Made me a little sad. Think the majority always loved the location and design. For some reason the club released photos have attracted a bit of “is that is??” from other clubs fans, who let’s be honest are always likely to have a laugh. Seems to have released a wave of pent up dislikes from blues. Which is perfectly fine. Just surprising it’s taken criticism from the outside to prompt it. No issue though.

I think it’s fantastic. From the original plans to the current progress. Literally only some of the surrounding industry spoils the vista, but they were there first so 🤷‍♂️. Having spent a lot of time at one of the genuine plastic bowls BMD is being compared to today, as paying punter and in corporate “lounges” and boxes, could not be more different in sheer size, design and detail.

Made me a little sad. Think the majority always loved the location and design. For some reason the club released photos have attracted a bit of “is that is??” from other clubs fans, who let’s be honest are always likely to have a laugh. Seems to have released a wave of pent up dislikes from blues. Which is perfectly fine. Just surprising it’s taken criticism from the outside to prompt it. No issue though.

I think it’s fantastic. From the original plans to the current progress. Literally only some of the surrounding industry spoils the vista, but they were there first so 🤷‍♂️. Having spent a lot of time at one of the genuine plastic bowls BMD is being compared to today, as paying punter and in corporate “lounges” and boxes, could not be more different in sheer size, design and detail.
Think it’ll be great when it’s finished and there is a full crowd in there.

People just love a moan, the whole complaining about the finish of the inside when it’s nowhere near finished is a bit ridiculous.

Other fans may laugh now but when we are playing in it and our fans are loving the atmosphere and facilities, that’s all that’ll matter.

Grass? Green?

Nah not having that at all.

Every single one of these old codgers on here moaning and saying it looks like Leicester will walk up the steps into BMD for the first time, look around the actual real inside (not just a wide drone shot), and will be wiping away tears at the size, steepness and beauty of this stadium.

Then they will log into GOT after the match and say 'Yeah, it's ok I suppose', cos they are way beyond admitting they were wrong about anything including brexit, but it won't matter. They will LOVE IT. 😍 😍 😍

NWHL is almost carbon copy of the Viking’s stadium. Can’t be a bowl when it’s square or rectangular either. That’s your opinion which you’re entitled to my opinion is different with regards to BMD.

I see very little similarity with the Vikings Stadium, which has a high-windowed end stand like BMD and no single-tiered Kop. Its proportions and layout are also significantly different with a much larger lower tier in curved profiles with the upper tiers set much further away from the pitch than at NWHL.

A bowl stadium is merely a stadium that more or less continues around all corners. BMD clearly does that. That's not a criticism in any way, just a basic fact.

I've not been inside Spurs' stadium but I've seen it from a distance. Not a huge fan of it personally. The inside looks alright. As people have said, it looks very much built for NFL. I've not seen our ground in person for a couple of months. But even during construction phase it looks pretty spectacular. Especially from across the Mersey and viewed against the city skyline.

I really want to get excited about it but the accounting and football side of things have put a real dampener on things.

I see very little similarity with the Vikings Stadium, which has a high-windowed end stand like BMD and no single-tiered Kop. Its proportions and layout are also significantly different with a much larger lower tier in curved profiles with the upper tiers set much further away from the pitch than at NWHL.

A bowl stadium is merely a stadium that more or less continues around all corners. BMD clearly does that. That's not a criticism in any way, just a basic fact.
How does NWHL compare to Anfield though?

Anyone moaning about the interior fit because some wannabes on twitter says it cheap need to give their heads a thorough wobbling.
Have a look at the renders of the concourses, the lounges , the bars etc.
All very expensively put together.
They are definitely an upgrade on the concrete & beer pumps as in most other stadiums. The much needed executive boxes, player facilities with the huge hydro baths look fantastic.
And please stop with the " but it's a bowl " shouts , what else did you want 4 separate stands subject to the British weather on the riverfront , give it a rest.
The detail in everything inside & out make this the best football stadium in the country . Its magnificent.

Everton getting accused of over-romanticising the past on here recently with the Leitch stuff everywhere at BMD. I wholeheartedly disagree.
In other news, the club have released a sneak peak of the kit we will be wearing for our final season at Goodison:

1710935399573.jpeg