New Everton Stadium Discussion

Still think they're missing a trick not using the space above the south end concourse as conferenceing facilities overlooking the dock and the city. Could be 12 to 15 individual rooms, or larger spaces using the foldaway walls like they have at Aintree Racecourse. They could also be used as private lounges/hotel rooms on match days. Imagine hiring them for an ultimate Everton experience. Waking up in the stadium, looking up at the Liver building, going for Breakfast in the west stand overlooking the Mersey, heading back to your room to get ready before heading to 1 of the bars, and taking your seat anywhere in the stadium ready for another punishing, morale draining loss, but knowing u get to drown ur sorrows in the bar before heading back to ur room to weep into your Everton branded pillow.

The dream.

It also bothers me that the East concourse doesnt go right the way along to meet the south the way the West does.

Such huge empty spaces just seems like a waste.

But thats just my opinion i guess.

I went to the Cologne vs Leverkusen derby this week, first time going to the ground that apparently our new stadium is roughly based on, (maybe not the design, but with the seats being almost vertical on top of the pitch). It was fantastic, the atmosphere was incredible. I know it was a derby match but even up in the back of the high tier, you felt part of the game and the noise was ridiculous..

View attachment 248117
I'm just hoping they considered the accoustics of Bramley Moore to really amplify the boos.

I went to the Cologne vs Leverkusen derby this week, first time going to the ground that apparently our new stadium is roughly based on, (maybe not the design, but with the seats being almost vertical on top of the pitch). It was fantastic, the atmosphere was incredible. I know it was a derby match but even up in the back of the high tier, you felt part of the game and the noise was ridiculous..

View attachment 248117

I believe the Kirkby stadium was actually based on this.

IMG_4522.jpeg

View attachment 248117
The atmosphere at nearly every German stadium is fantastic. It's the best in the world for fan experience.

As a matter of interest (cus I know there is loads out there with more knowledge) how will our Matchday income compare to our competitors? - and I don't mean relegation ones!!

View attachment 248117
To be 'almost vertical' you need less legroom, someone said the week what the legroom was and I've forgot but it was more than the Park End.

Still think they're missing a trick not using the space above the south end concourse as conferenceing facilities overlooking the dock and the city. Could be 12 to 15 individual rooms, or larger spaces using the foldaway walls like they have at Aintree Racecourse. They could also be used as private lounges/hotel rooms on match days. Imagine hiring them for an ultimate Everton experience. Waking up in the stadium, looking up at the Liver building, going for Breakfast in the west stand overlooking the Mersey, heading back to your room to get ready before heading to 1 of the bars, and taking your seat anywhere in the stadium ready for another punishing, morale draining loss, but knowing u get to drown ur sorrows in the bar before heading back to ur room to weep into your Everton branded pillow.

The dream.

It also bothers me that the East concourse doesnt go right the way along to meet the south the way the West does.

Such huge empty spaces just seems like a waste.

But thats just my opinion i guess.

I totally agree. I've posted about this a few times. Those spaces at either end of the ground seem like in every sense of the expression, a waste of space. I can't believe that they don't have plans for them. Exhibition space, breakout rooms for conferences, viewing gallery with a café on a non-match day are just some of my ideas. I find it incredible.

I totally agree. I've posted about this a few times. Those spaces at either end of the ground seem like in every sense of the expression, a waste of space. I can't believe that they don't have plans for them. Exhibition space, breakout rooms for conferences, viewing gallery with a café on a non-match day are just some of my ideas. I find it incredible.
Yes, the north end is a considerable space as well, i was hoping that might at least be concourse, but by the lack of exits to the stands it seems not. The view from there isnt the best, but would make a good space for a gallery or something like you say.

The south end though is just baffling. Someone mentioned the slope, but based on the other other engineering factors around the site, id imagine that 1 would be minimal. Views from there would be great.

The gaps between the cladding and the main building in the east stand are really noticeable, surely they can do something with that.