New Everton Stadium Discussion

As is this.

The Arena is that way >>>>

Apologies @AndyRJ was meant as a lighthearted joke

I really enjoyed his post especially when he put the effort in to post pictures and written evidence.

Can’t believe we’re in the last year of the build.

Doesn’t seem too long ago we had posts following the satellite position of the sand dredger filling the dock; the Shoalway.

It's for fans/ pedestrians only and will be paved as the rest of the site. As per my other post, the tarmac is just a base for the natural stone paving. Because the area isn't going to be used by vehicles/ heavy vehicles it doesn't need a concrete base like other parts of the site.

View attachment 248018
Does anybody know whether those 3 glass skylights that were originally in the plans at the top of the steps on either side of the plateau have been ditched? Seems to have been concreted straight over in the drone videos. (You can see the sunlight shining through them in that first image).

Does anybody know whether those 3 glass skylights that were originally in the plans at the top of the steps on either side of the plateau have been ditched? Seems to have been concreted straight over in the drone videos. (You can see the sunlight shining through them in that first image).

Looks like they have gone away from the designs and it will be how it is now.

Yes I would say so

Thick layer of rebar and concrete on top so it’ll need a decent whizzer to cut through it if not!

Apologies @AndyRJ was meant as a lighthearted joke

I really enjoyed his post especially when he put the effort in to post pictures and written evidence.

Can’t believe we’re in the last year of the build.

Doesn’t seem too long ago we had posts following the satellite position of the sand dredger filling the dock; the Shoalway.
Sorry Pal, wasn't trying to be a knob. I spend most of my day writing emails in between browsing on here so my writing style might come across like that sometimes.

I know but economics & logic would dictate a double decker shuttle service earns more money than a single decker and shifts twice as many people twice as quick.
Yes it would but if the main and most direct route to the stadium is constrained by a low bridge then conditions may dictate that a single decker is used.

Looks like they have been completely removed. Can't see them being cut in afterwards, makes no sense.

Not sure why they've been taken out. Maybe they just want to maximise the space at that level for fans to congregate? They'll just have to install more artificial lighting to compensate for the lack of sunlight.

Looks like they have been completely removed. Can't see them being cut in afterwards, makes no sense.

Not sure why they've been taken out. Maybe they just want to maximise the space at that level for fans to congregate? They'll just have to install more artificial lighting to compensate for the lack of sunlight.

Had a look at a little drone video and unless those black poles or markers are used to mark them out?

IMG_4503.jpeg

An after thought as well would be hopefully they’re fenced off (with Archibald Leicht design ofc) to stop people having a perv.

I went to the Cologne vs Leverkusen derby this week, first time going to the ground that apparently our new stadium is roughly based on, (maybe not the design, but with the seats being almost vertical on top of the pitch). It was fantastic, the atmosphere was incredible. I know it was a derby match but even up in the back of the high tier, you felt part of the game and the noise was ridiculous..

594D734E-B611-41A1-890C-E4357A3DC708.jpg

Last edited: