New Everton Stadium Discussion

Tbh, there aren't too many options in terms of getting people to and from the site itself on buses. The Northern Line is a bit of transport barrier in that there are only a few small roads that cross it in that area. I think it will be Shank's Pony for the vast majority who are going inland towards Scotty and onwards etc. Shuttle buses could work along the dock road/Grt Howard St going north and south, if they are kept clear of traffic congestion and allowed to run freely. The transport plan only shows quite small and very localised road closures which could be largely ineffectual for quick turnaround shuttles that would only get stuck further along their routes.
The least they could do is call it Catterick's Pony instead.

I will miss parking right outside our turnstyle on Goodison road though. True convenience.

Not doomsday. I think getting away from Goodison will (substantially)easier than BMD, that's all
A quick look at Google maps should give you the answers to you questions. 39k getting away from Goodison with numerous roads including dual carriage ways, 53k getting away from BMD with 2 single carriageway roads.
40k @GP vs 53k @BMD isn’t a like for like comparison though.
An extra 13k fans accessing and egressing (a redeveloped) Goodison would be a horrific nowadays imho.
Just the constriction on and around Goodison Rd and Gladys St makes me shudder.

IMG-20240304-WA0009.jpg

LI imagine you could drive to Sandhills, park around there and get a short train in.

40k @GP vs 53k @BMD isn’t a like for like comparison though.
An extra 13k fans accessing and egressing (a redeveloped) Goodison would be a horrific nowadays imho.
Just the constriction on and around Goodison Rd and Gladys St makes me shudder.
This started with someone saying how difficult it was leaving Goodison. The point is with the streets around BMD it is going to be worse and there and there is an extra 13k. Like to like comparison is largely irrelevant, but if you want to go there I think Goodison is considerably easier to get away from than BMD, if BMD had 39k, which it doesn't!