New Everton Stadium Discussion

On the subject of access to the new place, last night after the game for the first time ever I headed by bus along County Road towards Walton Vale. I don't live around there, so I can only say I was amazed how shockingly bad the traffic was from Goodison to the Queen's Drive flyover. It took 30 minutes to go about what? 2/3's of a mile? So much for Goodison being a place that is easy to get to and get away from. With a bit of thought re. road closures and bus provision around the new place, I can't imagine how it can fail to be an improvement.
Trains were off so more traffic than usual I'd suspect.

20240304_071113.jpg
20240304_071113.jpg

On the subject of access to the new place, last night after the game for the first time ever I headed by bus along County Road towards Walton Vale. I don't live around there, so I can only say I was amazed how shockingly bad the traffic was from Goodison to the Queen's Drive flyover. It took 30 minutes to go about what? 2/3's of a mile? So much for Goodison being a place that is easy to get to and get away from. With a bit of thought re. road closures and bus provision around the new place, I can't imagine how it can fail to be an improvement.

Trains were off, so quite a few more cars on the road. If anything, that only highlights the potential issues at BMD more. GP has access in all directions with far more traffic lanes and buses serving it directly. The saving grace for BMD is proximity to the city centre, but as the transport plan stresses, it will require a major modal shift to public transport to avoid the type of gridlock you saw on Saturday. My lot go in the opposite direction but were not delayed. So they will have to resolve that "final mile" issue to move the bulk of people to those buses and major public transport hubs efficiently.

Trains were off, so quite a few more cars on the road. If anything, that only highlights the potential issues at BMD more. GP has access in all directions with far more traffic lanes and buses serving it directly. The saving grace for BMD is proximity to the city centre, but as the transport plan stresses, it will require a major modal shift to public transport to avoid the type of gridlock you saw on Saturday. My lot go in the opposite direction but were not delayed. So they will have to resolve that "final mile" issue to move the bulk of people to those buses and major public transport hubs efficiently.

Frequent Soccerbuses from The Rotunda down Boundary St would be a major boost, as I have posted previously.

Maybe go to the new place and you will find out ! Getting out of Goodison is a breeze in comparison

A bizarre decision by Merseyrail to close Kirkdale Station on a matchday . Couldn't they have waited till a weekend we were playing away ?
No because then it would impact the lovable neighbours and the thousands they shuttle in every week.

Can't be doing that now can we

Frequent Soccerbuses from The Rotunda down Boundary St would be a major boost, as I have posted previously.

Man City are introducing a whole network of dedicated bus routes to serve the Etihad, presumably to counter any concerns regarding capacity increases. There are probably multiple blind spots in Liverpool's north east, east and south eastern suburbs that do not have direct services to BMD, and could benefit from similar.

Man City are introducing a whole network of dedicated bus routes to serve the Etihad, presumably to counter any concerns regarding capacity increases. There are probably multiple blind spots in Liverpool's north east, east and south eastern suburbs that do not have direct services to BMD, and could benefit from similar.

Manchester, as a city, is light years ahead of us on so many aspects.
We've had far too many years of crooks running the council to benefit their own pockets and not the city.

A quick look at Google maps should give you the answers to you questions. 39k getting away from Goodison with numerous roads including dual carriage ways, 53k getting away from BMD with 2 single carriageway roads.
Probably best to look at the planning documents submitted and comment. I don’t think they did a quick Look at google maps btw. I remember the Kirby project and the planners suggested 1/3 of supporters would travel by bike 🤷🏻‍♂️😂
I am confident that with our close proximity to the city centre with all transport options provided to Merseyside and beyond our new location is by far better served than gp with no train, limited buses and if you don’t know your rat runs a heavily congested road system 🤔

Probably best to look at the planning documents submitted and comment. I don’t think they did a quick Look at google maps btw. I remember the Kirby project and the planners suggested 1/3 of supporters would travel by bike 🤷🏻‍♂️😂
I am confident that with our close proximity to the city centre with all transport options provided to Merseyside and beyond our new location is by far better served than gp with no train, limited buses and if you don’t know your rat runs a heavily congested road system 🤔
We will see in due course