New Everton Stadium Discussion

For someone who has a possibly unhealthy obsession with the build you don't post much on this thread. I'll back my totally unhealthy obsession with diagrams etc.why I think I'm right. You can then come back and give a qualified reason for your views on the situation why you can confirm I'm wrong.

We know the accessible structure is at least 3 rows wide, looking at the picture where I've drawn the outline, if we call these rows A,B,C and D. B can probably lean forward and see, definitely when standing. C and D have their sightlines interrupted and that's pretty obvious when anyone who's ever sat at a stadium knows someone with a large hat in front can block out some of the closest areas of the pitch.

View attachment 246587

This might be ok when they stand up, like others have said they might not use these seats for paying customers. But they chose to stick seats there, which would create a restricted view for these closest to the platform.

Here is another showing a wheelchair user on it, which will further block the view when looking across to the NW corner and of course it will need some kind of glass fencing to stop people just falling off, which will add further issues to the view.

View attachment 246588
The first image shows the platform being triple row height, whereas te second is only double row height. Somebody sitting on Row A will be able to comfortably see over the lip of then platform when sat down. Through a wheel? I dunno, but then maybe they won't be that close to the edge.

The first image shows the platform being triple row height, whereas te second is only double row height. Somebody sitting on Row A will be able to comfortably see over the lip of then platform when sat down. Through a wheel? I dunno, but then maybe they won't be that close to the edge.

Yes agreed, the riser height issue has been pointed out to me already. Even when you take the double row height and you ignore the person right next to the wall, the people sat in the seat next to that person and so on will have larger and larger distances to look over/along the platform thus they will lose more of the lower view to the right. That is until you move as many seats to the left that you can then see past the corner of platform regardless.

With only double height risers it looks like standing will be fine. Also if the edge of the actual playing area is x amount of metres forward it will reduce the size of the triangle of affected seats.

Yes agreed, the riser height issue has been pointed out to me already. Even when you take the double row height and you ignore the person right next to the wall, the people sat in the seat next to that person and so on will have larger and larger distances to look over/along the platform thus they will lose more of the lower view to the right. That is until you move as many seats to the left that you can then see past the corner of platform regardless.

With only double height risers it looks like standing will be fine. Also if the edge of the actual playing area is x amount of metres forward it will reduce the size of the triangle of affected seats.
I'm not sure that visibility of the pitch area will be affected, but other parts of the stadium will be. Won't be long till we find out I suppose.

I'm not sure that visibility of the pitch area will be affected, but other parts of the stadium will be. Won't be long till we find out I suppose.
star-trek-spock.gif

Apologies for not posting much, maybe I will from now on. I normally observe this and skyscraper and watch the brilliant drone videos from the poster on here.

Maybe I’m missing something but you’re over evaluation is wrong according to engineers and project managers I know.

We tend to ban/prevent new accounts from posting who use proxies mate. Your content/post country has changed since registering earlier. Please disable if you're to continue posting. Thanks

For someone who has a possibly unhealthy obsession with the build you don't post much on this thread. I'll back my totally unhealthy obsession with diagrams etc.why I think I'm right. You can then come back and give a qualified reason for your views on the situation why you can confirm I'm wrong.

We know the accessible structure is at least 3 rows wide, looking at the picture where I've drawn the outline, if we call these rows A,B,C and D. B can probably lean forward and see, definitely when standing. C and D have their sightlines interrupted and that's pretty obvious when anyone who's ever sat at a stadium knows someone with a large hat in front can block out some of the closest areas of the pitch.

View attachment 246587

This might be ok when they stand up, like others have said they might not use these seats for paying customers. But they chose to stick seats there, which would create a restricted view for these closest to the platform.

Here is another showing a wheelchair user on it, which will further block the view when looking across to the NW corner and of course it will need some kind of glass fencing to stop people just falling off, which will add further issues to the view.

View attachment 246588

Someone with their finger on the pulse. @The binman chronicles have you done the lottery tonight?

Now I’m not a chartered builder or construction engineer, but to my totally untrained eye I can’t see a single seat in the above picture that will have an obstructed view of all of the pitch. Yes there may be the odd obstructed view of parts of the stadium, but everyone will see the whole pitch………