New Everton Stadium Discussion

I'd love them to have a full size goalpost in the fanzone, with Neville sat on one post of it.

If we ever have a statue of Southall (now that Kenwright has passed away I see no reason why we shouldn't) I hope its not the one where he's sitting against the post.

Its an iconic image but for me for all the wrong reasons. That's Southall saying "this isn't good enough for a club of our size and stature".

How right he was, over 30 years ago. Should rename him Mystic Nev

If we ever have a statue of Southall (now that Kenwright has passed away I see no reason why we shouldn't) I hope its not the one where he's sitting against the post.

Its an iconic image but for me for all the wrong reasons. That's Southall saying "this isn't good enough for a club of our size and stature".

The save at WHL for me .... right up there with Banks from Pele !

There's current talk of naming rights from the Club. Given we appear to be in line as one of the host venues for Euro 2026/27/28 (sorry, but I can't keep up with all these tournaments) then we need to capitalise this to the maximum. But knowing our commercial department we will end up with a parochial partnership instead of a recognisable global brand.

All the more reason to use that image.

There's current talk of naming rights from the Club. Given we appear to be in line as one of the host venues for Euro 2026/27/28 (sorry, but I can't keep up with all these tournaments) then we need to capitalise this to the maximum. But knowing our commercial department we will end up with a parochial partnership instead of a recognisable global brand.
worth remembering that any naming rights wont be used in the Euros.
I'd say it'll be called Everton Stadium during the tournament. I'm good with that. Good for the club.

worth remembering that any naming rights wont be used in the Euros.
I'd say it'll be called Everton Stadium during the tournament. I'm good with that. Good for the club.
It would still be branded as such so the sponsors logos would be everywhere. They just wouldn't be able to refer to it by the sponsored name during the event.

It would still be branded as such so the sponsors logos would be everywhere. They just wouldn't be able to refer to it by the sponsored name during the event.
I’m pretty sure any stadium sponsors would be covered.

UEFA are pretty militant about it with the Champions League.

Look at the absurdity Liverpool have been forced into:

I was on a call last night as part of Everton's stadium research, discussing the proposed season ticket migration. One thing that was casually mentioned that I wasn't aware of, and not sure if it's been mentioned before, is that you won't be able to gain access to the Fan Plaza unless you have a match ticket. So those huge gates being installed in the dock walls will act as a primary turnstile. Not sure if this is for during matchdays only.
That's weird. I was about to post that very question. I have posted it a couple of times before and, although the majority of people seemed to be of the opinion that anybody could walk in, I always suspected that would not be the case. Now we know for sure. It was always likely to be a huge security headache. Imagine it on the opening day. Would have been dangerous. I think it is a sound decision. I would imagine it would be accessible on non-match days.