New Everton Stadium Discussion

Anybody know anything about this? Just saw it on the door to the RLB.

Attachments

• 20231217_121431.jpg
    20231217_121431.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 13
I've been mulling over the decision not to move to the new place until 25/26 since it was announced. I am a bit disappointed, as I am firmly in the camp that wants to see us down on the riverfront as soon as we can. But, the decision has been made and we are where we are.

As regards the financial reasons for the decision, I'm curious. Obviously, the costs of moving (training staff, orientation) are the same whenever we move. The lost income is the difference in full houses at the new place versus full houses at GP (and the increased revenue from food and drink at the new place).

On the face of it, not moving sooner results in a loss of income. Or does it? One thing that we don't yet know are the prices for season tickets for the last season at GP and the price of general admission, too. I wonder if the club will hike these prices up, knowing there will be huge demand for people to visit GP before the wrecking ball visits? We might see season tickets go up by 25% and general admission tickets might double. A hard nosed business decision like this might make up some of the potential lost income.

So John Blain on toffee tv indicated that as far as he was aware the hand over date for BMD on 24 December includes the tests for the stadium. Makes the delay of moving into the stadium in August even more bizarre

Seen a post recently form a blue on twitter, from what he was told at these ST holder migration meetings.

"We have a waiting list of around 30k - And its growing at 1k per month.

The new ground will give us around an extra 15k ST, making the total around 45K season ticket holders."

so that leaves 7-8k tickets for general sale PLUS away tickets.

Jesus - Imagine we actually got good!!!!

So John Blain on toffee tv indicated that as far as he was aware the hand over date for BMD on 24 December includes the tests for the stadium. Makes the delay of moving into the stadium in August even more bizarre
If that is true then I'd agree. Absolutely love Goodison, but we wont be winning the league next season so I don't see the point in having the last home game of next season there. We just need to move on now. To me it's bit like leaving a job, leaving university, moving to a new home. Fond memories but once you know the move is happening, and it's just around the corner, you just want to get on with it.