New Everton Stadium Discussion

Without trawling back through the planning PDFs, I believe that the TV gantry is to be in the west stand (though I am open to being corrected on that).

If so, and given you’d imagine we’d kick towards the south stand second half, then we would indeed be playing left to right.

But the players would come out of the tunnel at the bottom of the screen and turn to their right, rather than left as towards the Gwladys.
Media is definitely in the West Stand. This only mentions their seating area but I assume the TV crews will be over there too.

1699407876211.jpeg

The stadium will have some soulless corporate name. I'm happy for the stands to be just East, west, north, south..
Failing that, Dean, Kendall, Southall and one more from Ball, Young, Harvey, Latchford, Gray, Sharp, Stevens, etc.
Also I'd love to see a huge statue of Southall in that seated pose against a post. Maybe outside the southwest corner of the stand so fans could get great shots of him with the city in the background!
Just a thought.
Time to honor our greatest living blue.
The stand the orientates closest to Goodison, should be called the Goodison End/Stand.

…..put my car into Sandhills yesterday for a service, so Mrs Eggs and I used our OAP passes and jumped the train into town for a bit of shopping and a spot of lunch.

The stadium looks glorious from the train but you could tell the passengers who were Reds. They were either purposely sitting on the other side or obviously looking at the floor as the train went past. We don’t have much too be happy about these days, but my word it does look good.

…..put my car into Sandhills yesterday for a service, so Mrs Eggs and I used our OAP passes and jumped the train into town for a bit of shopping and a spot of lunch.

The stadium looks glorious from the train but you could tell the passengers who were Reds. They were either purposely sitting on the other side or obviously looking at the floor as the train went past. We don’t have much too be happy about these days, but my word it does look good.
They genuinely cannot bear to look at it.

Just wait for the home Euros. The Kopite 'scouse not English' membership brigade will swell to record numbers.

Media is definitely in the West Stand. This only mentions their seating area but I assume the TV crews will be over there too.

View attachment 234390
Thanks. Yes, you would presume so - though of course the media are based in the Main Stand at Goodison, but with the main TV gantry on the Bullens so I guess it’s hard to say for 100% certain.

Though I’m pretty sure that’s one of those organic Goodison quirks that’s grown up over time.

What with the media centre behind the west stand, too, you’d imagine it makes sense for the main camera to be there also.

Agree, earn your stripes in the NEW stadium. Time to move on from some of Evertons more divisive history and start creating some new positive stuff that every Evertonian can get behind. The Kenwright legacy can stay with Goodison IMO, for whats its worth.
When the old lady gets knocked down name what ever gets built there after him and leave him there in the passed , there must be some sort of monument being built to honour the old girl

So much potential for terrific iconic monuments/statues around the ground. Shouldn't be underestimated how boss the stadium and surrounding area will look once completed on TV coverage..... especially with the European Championships etc. It's up to the designers and decision makers to make sure the place boosts the profile of Everton and highlights the club being the original team of the city.

When the old lady gets knocked down name what ever gets built there after him and leave him there in the passed , there must be some sort of monument being built to honour the old girl
There is a rebuild planned at Goodison. At the moment included are the fans stones and I believe the statues.
Personally I think the statues should be moved to BMD and given pride of place on the fans plaza were they will be seen on a regular basis by 53k and by visitors that will be attracted to the site and will learn about our history.
I think other clubs that have moved have historic statues at the new ground. eg Sunderland & Middlesbrough.
Whilst we have long fond memories of Goodison once we have moved our focus will be BMD not L4. Whilst not on the same scale Northwich Vics had a historic ground which now has houses on it. Time moves on, our match day rituals will change and I think the place for the statues is where Everton play and Evertonians gather

The stand the orientates closest to Goodison, should be called the Goodison End/Stand.
North
South
Mersey
Goodison

Simplicity

I dont agree with individuals names, especially people who are still alive. Statues and bars/lounges, surrounding streets, etc, fine, but dont hink stands should be named after players.

My personal opinion for what it's worth.

There is a rebuild planned at Goodison. At the moment included are the fans stones and I believe the statues.
Personally I think the statues should be moved to BMD and given pride of place on the fans plaza were they will be seen on a regular basis by 53k and by visitors that will be attracted to the site and will learn about our history.
I think other clubs that have moved have historic statues at the new ground. eg Sunderland & Middlesbrough.
Whilst we have long fond memories of Goodison once we have moved our focus will be BMD not L4. Whilst not on the same scale Northwich Vics had a historic ground which now has houses on it. Time moves on, our match day rituals will change and I think the place for the statues is where Everton play and Evertonians gather
i hope they move the statues to the new ground i presume something will be built commemorating the ground within what ever buildings get built and naming it after Kenwright I don't think will bother many