New Everton Stadium Discussion

Only grounds that are future-proofed like BMD and Tottenham will see an increase. Existing stands that aren't will need to have additional facilities built; exits, entrances, toilets etc and whether that is possible/feasible will depend on individual circumstances I guess. They could even reduce in capacity as @Jacko93 has mentioned a few times if they just swap seats for standing.

They need to make clear that if you choose a safe standing area that these changes might happen. On that theme I thought the lower north stand was also safe standing. Did I imagine that or has it changed?

Tottenham Hostpurs ground isn't future proofed, or designed for an increase in capacity for safe standing allowance. They went for maximum seating capacity and any space that was left was used as NFL specific areas. Not everybody knows that their stadium has two sides for teams. The football side and the NFL side. NFL teams take up much more space than a standard football facility can provide, with playing staff and coaching etc. They even have more referees/umpires so they need larger facilities and their media requirements are different, so their East stand and West stand or equivalent, have different uses and their own separate facilities entirely.

Tottenham Hostpurs ground isn't future proofed, or designed for an increase in capacity for safe standing allowance. They went for maximum seating capacity and any space that was left was used as NFL specific areas. Not everybody knows that their stadium has two sides for teams. The football side and the NFL side. NFL teams take up much more space than a standard football facility can provide, with playing staff and coaching etc. They even have more referees/umpires so they need larger facilities and their media requirements are different, so their East stand and West stand or equivalent, have different uses and their own separate facilities entirely.

Literally. A quarter of the facilities are just for the giant changing rooms the American football teams need and aren't utilised on match days.

Probably why they built a sky bar which can't be used during a game.

Ours is bigger facilities wise and 100% for football.

What's the point in putting plastic out in the weather about a year early?
Pointless token gesture at this time and helping them discolour before the stadium is even open.

I suppose if it can be done, why not? I guess she was only taking to plastic bags off the seats to show what they look like. I guess they will leave them on for now. There again, maybe we are just doing it to take the piss out the Kopites and the issues they're having building their loft extension.

Looking again at the video, another thing you notice is how much room there is under the seats. Loads of space for a coat and man bag in my case

I suppose if it can be done, why not? I guess she was only taking to plastic bags off the seats to show what they look like. I guess they will leave them on for now. There again, maybe we are just doing it to take the piss out the Kopites and the issues they're having building their loft extension.

Looking again at the video, another thing you notice is how much room there is under the seats. Loads of space for a coat and man bag in my case
Oh, don't get me wrong. Those seats look huge and spacious. I'm excited for the stadium to be finished as it's gonna be a huge upgrade on Goodison, it's just that seats to me are trim pieces and the build isn't done yet. Hopefully it's a small section that's already covered by roofing and doesn't get tons of sun.

Oh, don't get me wrong. Those seats look huge and spacious. I'm excited for the stadium to be finished as it's gonna be a huge upgrade on Goodison, it's just that seats to me are trim pieces and the build isn't done yet. Hopefully it's a small section that's already covered by roofing and doesn't get tons of sun.

I take your point. I'm sure Dan Meis said that blue doesn't fade as much as other colours. Red is the worst for that, apparently, he said. They might have to take those seats out they've already put in the Anfield Road end before the stand is finished.

It's optimal planning, 52,000 seats takes a while. They could also be doing tests for the area. Jheez.

Only grounds that are future-proofed like BMD and Tottenham will see an increase. Existing stands that aren't will need to have additional facilities built; exits, entrances, toilets etc and whether that is possible/feasible will depend on individual circumstances I guess. They could even reduce in capacity as @Jacko93 has mentioned a few times if they just swap seats for standing.

They need to make clear that if you choose a safe standing area that these changes might happen. On that theme I thought the lower north stand was also safe standing. Did I imagine that or has it changed?
I thought that as well. I think the away fans were also

They have a seperate locker rooms and they are absolutly massive, they even use a different tunnel entrance which goes past a glass plated premium lounge!

The premium facilities at NWHL are impressive but i dont think we need to be at the same level as i dont think it would fit in with our profile. But imo they have set the standard in premium hospitality in new stadiums.

They're normallyUV resistant for many years so an extra few months is unlikely to make much difference to the discolouration aspect.

I cant wait to see a whole stand like that.