New Everton Stadium Discussion

a tragic comedy:
my family and i went to spread our grandmother's ashes in the river on the ferry
it was nice that the place we did it was actually opposite the new stadium
at the same time, they were doing commentary and talking up the stadium, saying ' ...blah blah....it's due to open at the start of the 2025-26 season'.
sigh. i dont know if they'll ever commit to a real timescale :(

a tragic comedy:
my family and i went to spread our grandmother's ashes in the river on the ferry
it was nice that the place we did it was actually opposite the new stadium
at the same time, they were doing commentary and talking up the stadium, saying ' ...blah blah....it's due to open at the start of the 2025-26 season'.
sigh. i dont know if they'll ever commit to a real timescale :(
I have been told by a number of people we will go in the stadium at the start of the season rather than part way through

Imho the interior bowl design and fit and finish makes theirs a better stadium but ours does look better from the outside.
As Muckers said, the Spurs stadium is basically an American Football stadium, i.e lots of quite small tiers making up a huge stadium.

Impressive at first glance but I genuinely prefer the inside of ours, bit more classic and condusive to atmosphere.

I saw your pic, thanks for that. My mistake I'm actually JJ, so I'm a few rows behind. I'm slightly nearer the aisle /steps, so might be able to see a bit more of the goal.....probably not.
We're making a bit of a day of it and having first up close look at the new stadium before the game. Looking forward to that just as much tbh! Might even have a swift pint opposite.

Sounds good, a special moment seeing the new stadium for the first time. Anyhow you'll be fine for the Gwladys Street goal, I moved two seats across and could see that no probs. The Park End goal may become an issue as you go further up and across though...hopefully not.

Screenshot_20231011_102856_Gallery.jpg

As Muckers said, the Spurs stadium is basically an American Football stadium, i.e lots of quite small tiers making up a huge stadium.

Impressive at first glance but I genuinely prefer the inside of ours, bit more classic and condusive to atmosphere.

I tend to think bias comes into that quite a bit. Yes it is good in one way to have a tighter, compact ground especially for those that go to the match, but subjectively if you were to show the interiors to a hundred neutrals they are probably going to select theirs.

I tend to think bias comes into that quite a bit. Yes it is good in one way to have a tighter, compact ground especially for those that go to the match, but subjectively if you were to show the interiors to a hundred neutrals they are probably going to select theirs.
There's a lot of that, but I'm OK with it.

I know that our stadium won't be as 'good' as Spurs' stadium (when you consider every aspect, size, facilities, uses aside from football, technology involved, money generated, etc.), but there again almost no new stadium would be as good as theirs. Theirs cost about $1 billion!

What ours has is a great location and a unique outer design. I don't think the inside of ours will be anything special compared to other modern stadia, but it'll be a heck of a lot better than Goodison.

That Alex Crook on Talksport, after they announced the Euros

"And the Everton stadium, if it gets completed in time"

Reckon it won't be done by 2028 aye?

Swear some in the media like to pretend that we haven't put a spade in the ground.
I’ve given up getting annoyed at these clowns now. Given airtime due a supposed expertise in what that are talking about (even if only journalism) and more often than not, they haven’t got a clue what they’re talking about outside their own limited sphere of interest.

World Cup and Euro games tend to have the name of the city that the game is being staged in on the advertising boards on the half way line. Bit of a worry 😐

Yep, no sponsorship apart from UEFA's own allowed. Not sure what they will call it though, I imagine it will be "Liverpool Stadium" as they usually use the city it is located.