New Everton Stadium Discussion

My understanding was a majority of it, I assumed it wasn’t the whole thing but replacing that shortfall to me seems the issue.
no i don’t think so i remeber they had people trying to find investment and the best they could come up with was that loan from the liverpool council , which they probably should have taken in hindsight

no i don’t think so i remeber they had people trying to find investment and the best they could come up with was that loan from the liverpool council , which they probably should have taken in hindsight
I could be wrong it's what I thought I had pieced together at the time.

Hopefully, mid table safety and a flash stadium makes us appealing to potential buyers with actual money. If it can happen to City and those Northen halfwits it can happen to us.

Just have to get through the current tough period with going belly up.

Eventually we will get a major sale to someone to kick us on, Kenwright can't be here forever.

I seem to remember that for a few years after Arsenal built their new stadium they were strapped for cash for transfers. Think it will be same for us.
And they went from 8 consecutive years in the top two, down to CL every year to 10 years occupying 3rd/4th.

I suspect that, as we had been regularly hovering between 6th and 12th, "a little hit" in the transfer budget was something we could cope with - take 5 years of 10th - 14th place finished in exchange for a shiny new stadium. That's looking far riskier now.

first stage of it maybe but what about the other phases ?
All of it.

That's why Moshiri was so bullish saying he'd fund the whole thing himself if needed. (which he could have)

The hugely inflated naming rights (it would have been massive) was a way to make it look like a viable business plan.

It's quite an oversight to not consider a needy little baldy nonce might throw his toys out the pram and scupper himself and all his rich mates in the process.

Moshiri (Usmanov) didnt really care about the Everton money pit, I genuinely believe it was just an avenue to stick two fingers up to Arsenal for blocking their ambitions there.

It's failed in quite a spectacular fashion.