New Everton Stadium Discussion

Really sad news. 26 is no age. Nobody should have to go to work in the morning, and not return home to their loved ones.
This tragic accident should really put everything into perspective for all of us. Yes, the team and the board get a lot of people wound up, myself included, and we love watching the build of this amazing stadium, but life is precious, and none of us know what is round the corner. RIP

I genuinely feel gutted.

You all know how I’ve fallen in love with the place. It's beautiful, it's breathtaking and makes my heart race when I see it. Also makes me extremely proud to be a blue having watched it grow from nothing out of a dock.

All feels a bit weird now though.
Feel a genuine loss personally and not sure how to deal with it.
Can't begin to think how those close to him feel.

😥
I know mate. It's feels personal, but of course it's not. His family and friends are in my thoughts.

Anyone who's ever had any experience of people losing their lives at work will be feeling it too. I know I am.

Absolutely heartbreaking. Unfortunately, no matter how many processes or SSOW are in place, accidents on construction sites can’t be totally eliminated.

This could be due to mechanical, operator or environmental error.

Hope the club do something to commemorate the poor lad when the build is completed to give him a lasting tribute in or around the stadium.

Had a Man Utd and Liverpool fan who are friends already make jokes out of this to me.

Why does football make people idiots?

Yep. Always going to happen. No doubt will get used when we're playing in there.

RIP to the lad.

Just hope it's not gross negligence cos it should be shut down and not reopened until that's reviewed no matter how long it takes.

Yep. Always going to happen. No doubt will get used when we're playing in there.

RIP to the lad.

Just hope it's not gross negligence cos it should be shut down and not reopened until that's reviewed no matter how long it takes.

There'll be a lengthy pause on work there I'm sure so that the investigation can be carried out thoroughly. Gross negligence manslaughter can lead to pretty long jail times I think

RIP to the lad.

It has been shut down while the HSE & Plod do their investigation.
I would be very surprised indeed if a site of that profile with LOR in charge ended up being culpable.
UK construction with Tier 1 companies at the helm are extremely proactive in avoiding injury or even ‘near misses’ these days. Safety regimes are pretty much the top priority but accidents still happen.