New Everton Stadium Discussion

I took this today. First time I've seen where it edge's over the tobacco warehouse for height. Anyone who knows this building will know how high and imposing it is.

Also, if you didn't know Everton were building a stadium, you wouldn't know it was a stadium as it blends in with it's surroundings. Once finished it'll be more clearer and especially at night. But I thought it was quite cool that it didn't look out of place as a new build.
View attachment 222779

Great that you got The Cathedral in shot.
...And if I'm not mistaken you've managed to get Paddy's wigwam in the background too... :D

That station looks like it will be a nightmare especially after the match. That's a huge amount of people converging on it in a matter of minutes.

Personally ( normally travel by car from South of Liverpool) I'll jump the train to Moorfields earlier , have a drink or 2 then 30/35 minute walk up.
After the game I'll walk back into town and have a few more pints without the hassle & get the train later.
Personally can't wait tbh.
That's what the article was referring to and why money is being spent before the new place opens to remediate the problems identified, I guess.

It just isn't a main station, its a buffer - so god knows what happens when another train breaks down too, because they use Sandhills to fix things with the split track

For the first few games in the summer, will definitely just walk back to town instead of trying to get a train from Sandhills

I think for most games, unless it's absolutely chucking it down, I'll be heading towards town for the train from Moorfields unless I stay in the ground for a while.

I usually have a pint or two after the match, but I'm unsure how that will pan out - where we'll go etc. But, in the depths of winter with my son who walks slower?

Well, I don't think it's always going to be overly pretty, so it's important they improve Sandhills or install the station between the two that's been discussed.*

It needs to be safe, have covering and allow trains to actually pick up lots of passengers quickly.

*It's very unlikely this will occur any time soon, if ever.
Same - I need to go on Lime Street main line trains anyway so much easier to just walk it. Unless you've got a direct train from Sandhills to home, by the time you've walked to Sandhills, queued, squeezed on a train etc you'd be a good distance back to town

Obviously some people have physical issues which prevent them from doing this, though Sandhills probably wouldn't be the most pleasant experience in that situation for reasons already talked about

I think the only things that will be changed transport wise is where the soccerbus goes and where the coaches drop off.
Trains will be as full as they are today but maybe at Sandhills instead of Kirkdale.
Car parking will be managed by the local entrepreneurs as normal.

Same - I need to go on Lime Street main line trains anyway so much easier to just walk it. Unless you've got a direct train from Sandhills to home, by the time you've walked to Sandhills, queued, squeezed on a train etc you'd be a good distance back to town

Obviously some people have physical issues which prevent them from doing this, though Sandhills probably wouldn't be the most pleasant experience in that situation for reasons already talked about
same with the soccer bus, I noticed I was almost at Lime street (5 mins or so away) when one went past me that I remember walking past coming out off the ground

I think the only things that will be changed transport wise is where the soccerbus goes and where the coaches drop off.
Trains will be as full as they are today but maybe at Sandhills instead of Kirkdale.
Car parking will be managed by the local entrepreneurs as normal.
Sandhills will be rammed ,Kirkdale will be deserted. The Soccerbus from Sandhills will be redundant but hopefully there will be more services like the current 919 from town .

Never thought of taking a photo from my office before

IMG_2705.jpeg