New Everton Stadium Discussion

This has always been my biggest fear, and the lack of clarity on the funding only makes this a a greater worry, being tennants would be a disaster
I've posted about this a few times. I wonder if Moshiri's way out is to sell the club but keep the stadium? That way he gets his money back. Sells the club for a sensible amount and then we are forced to rent from him. Far from what was promised but not beyond the realms of possibility. There again, if that did happen, the devil would be in the detail. A lot would depend on the numbers. At the risk of sounding ridiculously optimistic Man City were renting not too long ago.

We'll find out how it all pans out in the next 2 years, I guess. One thing is certain, Moshiri (if he pays for the stadium) will have us by the short and curlies once GP is demolished. And to think Kenwright scuppered the King's Dock deal for his own gain and vanity.

I've posted about this a few times. I wonder if Moshiri's way out is to sell the club but keep the stadium? That way he gets his money back. Sells the club for a sensible amount and then we are forced to rent from him. Far from what was promised but not beyond the realms of possibility. There again, if that did happen, the devil would be in the detail. A lot would depend on the numbers. At the risk of sounding ridiculously optimistic Man City were renting not too long ago.

We'll find out how it all pans out in the next 2 years, I guess. One thing is certain, Moshiri (if he pays for the stadium) will have us by the short and curlies once GP is demolished. And to think Kenwright scuppered the King's Dock deal for his own gain and vanity.

That's the main point, that prospect/possibility was never mentioned during this whole process. Personally, I don't think it would've been embraced anything like as enthusiastically if it had been..... That's before we consider any potential pros and cons for the rental option.

The financial model has never been crystal clear. It was supposed to be part funded by the owner, partly by a club secured loan with USM sponsorship to balance that equation. It has descended into bank of daddy only (with presumably a lesser value naming rights). If that then collapses into a tenancy agreement, we're getting some distance from what was promised.

Don’t know if anyone listened to it, but on The Esk’s podcast (Talking the Blues) he mentioned the possibility that if things go bad financially and we can’t attract investment there’s a possibility that we could sell the stadium and become tenants. Personally I think this is the absolute worst case scenario. Would rather stay at Goodison than that personally.
I listened to it (always do) and whilst its possible that could happen, I'd say the likelihood of Moshiri being forced down that route is slim to none.

He's still a very wealthy man (wealthier today than when he bought Everton) and will fund the whole thing if he needs to.

His only hope of getting anything like the valuation he's after is in a completed stadium, owned by the club.

Still owned by the council. Pressume the naming rights money goes into City's coffers and they are pretty much allowed to expand as they want so makes no sense buying it off them.

The council still own the stadium, but the rental on it is only paid on the original capacity. council maintain the entire asset, but only earn from a portion of it. City are able to maintain the deal due to the amount of investment that they are putting in locally.

Step away from the crack pipes fellas. There's as much chance of it being a dock again by the weekend as there is the wallbotherers moving there.

Wobble your heads ffs

There’s more chance of Newcastle Jets from Australia moving into it than Liverpool, how much have they spent redeveloping their own ground again? Is is actually being discussed by people?

Me, I know. It’s not happening. Possibly the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever seen suggested on this forum.

It obviously wasn't really a serious suggestion...... hence the "haha"

Just acknowledgement of the fact that if we don't own it, it's always a hypothetical possibility.... not massively dissimilar to what happened in 1892.