New Everton Stadium Discussion

Unless the build a bridge or a ferry terminal there is only sort of two ways away from the ground - sort of north towards Sandhills or back towards town.

Not sure the infrastructure will be able to cope.

Positioning of the away fans will be interesting too. With there being only fairly narrow passageways on three sides of the ground depending on where they are housed, might we see them held back after games ?
All the plans I've seen show the away section in the NE corner

Nelson Dock is to the South of the stadium.

Attachments

• BMD5-1024x564.jpg
    BMD5-1024x564.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 155
Unless the build a bridge or a ferry terminal there is only sort of two ways away from the ground - sort of north towards Sandhills or back towards town.

Not sure the infrastructure will be able to cope.

Positioning of the away fans will be interesting too. With there being only fairly narrow passageways on three sides of the ground depending on where they are housed, might we see them held back after games ?
They're opening up the area by the new Isle of man ferry terminal too, that will help a bit.

There's space for another platform on the viaduct on the other side of the tracks on the side towards the docks... Just long enough for a 5 carriage train I think

With a bit of joined up thinking it's feasible to have that platform in use just on match days with a separate entrance. That way they can have one for each direction

They could also make the station access northbound only after the match if things get too busy on the island

Although most locals will be going north, a lot will go to Sandhills to go south and then onwards to the Wirral etc

By far the best option is a new station next to where the canal goes past the Titanic hotel. It would be good for the ten streets as well, plus at the new build flats they're planning. The viaduct is wide enough for two platforms. The track will need realigning though.
I think there used to be two seperate platforms at Sandhills before it was reconfigured to an island platform about 15 years ago ? Looks like the exit on the docks side has been built over now but you can see where it came out on Sandhills Lane . As you say ,the best option is a new station ,however unlikely that may be.

I think there used to be two separate platforms at Sandhills before it was reconfigured to an island platform about 15 years ago ? Looks like the exit on the docks side has been built over now but you can see where it came out on Sandhills Lane . As you say ,the best option is a new station ,however unlikely that may be.

More likely over 50 years ago. Or more.

When we get them images from Boundary Street, man it would be great if there was a station there.

More likely over 50 years ago. Or more.

When we get them images from Boundary Street, man it would be great if there was a station there.
Yes you may well be right. I don't know when the platforms were altered but the station was refurbished in 2007/8 and given a new booking hall and canopies etc. I really can't remember how it looked before.

There is a longer term plan for transport, that will greatly increase capacity and reduce congestion across the city, but it doesn't solve the issues that are there now. Will be interesting to see how the predictions pan out in reality.

What is the maximum number of passengers on the normal train service passing through Sandhills? Multiply it by 20 per hour (10 in each direction). Even at a modest 300 per train (which would already have passengers on board!), that's only dispersing 6000 leaving 47000 to scarper by other means.
By the time the stadium opens all trains should be the new 4-car sets . I've read that the seating capacity is 180/190 and 300 standing . ( Larger standing capacity is a feature of the design )