New Everton Stadium Discussion

Was told just after you left, next roof truss is next week on south stand

timetofap-fap.gif

Yep, four metres too short.

Standardised modern pitch size is 105x68m, Anfield's is 101x68m.

No rule against this in the Prem (WHL was smaller as well), but for international tournaments it normally means the stadium is a no-go.
Is that a recent thing, because Liverpool hosted Euro '96 games.

Dont disagree, but the list said 4 grounds chopped. One between Spurs and WH. One from SJP and SOL, one from Villa and someone else, and 2 from the Mancs and BMD.
If as you say 1 is chopped from Spurs and wh, 1 from sjp and sol, 1 from villa and Birmingham, then only one of the 3 (2 x Manchester, 1 x bmd) needs to be cut to make 4.

Guaranteed it will be one of the mancs. BMD and Liverpool as a city is a certainty, as is one from Manchester.

If as you say 1 is chopped from Spurs and wh, 1 from sjp and sol, 1 from villa and Birmingham, then only one of the 3 (2 x Manchester, 1 x bmd) needs to be cut to make 4.

Guaranteed it will be one of the mancs. BMD and Liverpool as a city is a certainty, as is one from Manchester.
Wembley, Everton Stadium and the Irish (x2), Welsh and Scottish stadiums will be certainties IMO. The rest are going to be fighting for the remaining 4 places.

Probably worth mentioning it's part of a list of 14 which will be reduced to 10.

Not too confident they'll keep ours as they won't want upset the other countries.

1. Liverpool Everton Stadium
2. Birmingham Villa Park
3. London London Stadium

4. London Tottenham Hotspur Stadium
5. London Wembley Stadium
6. Manchester City of Manchester Stadium
7. Newcastle St James' Park
8. Sunderland Stadium of Light
9. Trafford Old Trafford

10. Dublin Dublin Arena
11. Dublin Croke Park
12. Belfast Casement Park Stadium
13. Glasgow Hampden Park
14. Cardiff National Stadium of Wales

Put in bold the ones I would take out.
You would take out a stadium that holds 82300 with 72300 seated. Hmmmmm

Anfield pitch doesn’t meet the criteria for size ?

I have a nephew that was working with UEFA on the Stadium criteria section and the whole committee agreed it wasn't just the actual size of the pitch that counted against them....but it was because the whole ground totally stank of piss. I will piss I mean pass on more info as I get it.

I cant see the north west getting one slot.

The midlands will get a slot with Villa Park the only real contender; the 'celtic' nations will get their venue each: Hampden, Croke Park, Millenium Stadium, and London will get 2 venues in the final 10 - probably Wembley and the Spurs ground. You could even say the north east will get one to be geographically fair: St James Park.

That's seven you'd pretty much expect, I suppose. The north west will easily get 2 of those last 3 slots...maybe even all 3. That's how I'd read it.

No way Belfast, West Ham, The Aviva or Sunderland's ground will get a look in IMO.

The Liverpool venue is a shoo-in I would say.

EDIT:

given that Ireland are joint bidders maybe the Aviva will get a place also.
They’ll definitely pick the Aviva over Croke park and Belfast will get a venue.