New Everton Stadium Discussion

WTF is happening to our Stadium thread. Is there any chance that we can put any comments, articles or whatever, from RS journalists and apparatchiks to one side, forget about the bleeding wall and it’s sign, and just enjoy the fact that we are building a beautiful new Stadium on the banks of the Mersey…..

he irony meter is about to blow up
whatafuck-what-the-heck.gif

WTF is happening to our Stadium thread. Is there any chance that we can put any comments, articles or whatever, from RS journalists and apparatchiks to one side, forget about the bleeding wall and it’s sign, and just enjoy the fact that we are building a beautiful new Stadium on the banks of the Mersey…..
I learnt a new word today!

Everyday is a school day!

Thanks @peteblue ;)

Is there really a discussion of whether there are funds to complete the stadium?

Like anyone would spend the first 200 million to build a 500 million stadium and then not finish it? Like the builders would be going forward if they had concerns? Newspapers sell lies to sell papers, views, clicks, whatever.
Valencia?

The Guardian demanding to know the ins and outs of all Everton's finances...not getting them...and then getting a titty lip and writing what they want - casting doubt on the stadium's completion...

"The Guardian understands that if the stadium is not finished, Everton is obliged to pay to return Bramley-Moore Dock to the condition it found it in. Experts suggested that such a bill could run to tens – if not hundreds – of millions of pounds."

lol

"despite those quirky surroundings"

AKA a World Heritage Site until very recently.

FFS, how do these chimps get jobs?
That's one of the funniest things I've read all year. lol

Highlighted it red because it just has to have been a Kopite that wrote it.

I dunno, look at the Royal Hospital, that suddenly went tits up too on the finances and that was 24/7
Carillion's demise wasn't helped by around half a billion quid of unpaid invoices in the Middle East, specifically from a county that likes global football tournaments, and a neighbour who suddenly likes golf. A lot of large companies - local and foreign, met their end due to this in the last half decade.