New Everton Stadium Discussion

Ah, good spot.

Looks like there are maybe three up there?

Presumably they haven't put the mesh in between them yet, but would like to see a closeup of those three together anyway.
Yeah, I actually thought the brick would sit on top of the mesh, but as you say looks like the mesh goes between afterwards.

Hopefully one of the weekend drones gets a closeup of that NW corner so we can see properly.

Ah, good spot.

Looks like there are maybe three up there?

Presumably they haven't put the mesh in between them yet, but would like to see a closeup of those three together anyway.
What does the mesh look like these days as originally it was perforated metal to keep the Leitch pattern. I presume that there'll be a weather protective element behind it.

What does the mesh look like these days as originally it was perforated metal to keep the Leitch pattern. I presume that there'll be a weather protective element behind it.
I think it’s now a uniform perforation, from memory.

This is the best pic I could find in a quick search:

8B0FC3C3-7E14-4575-AA4C-CF4CBCA391E2.jpeg

As you say, it was going to continue the Leitch pattern across the gaps between the brickwork, but it was one of the things they simplified so there could be an element of standardisation in manufacturing (and hence cost saving).

As for what - if anything - is going behind it, who knows? I don’t think we’ve had a clear answer on that.

I still cannae believe we, Everton Footballing Club, are going to find our home for the next 5+ generations of supporters on the banks of the Royal Blue Mersey. What a location, after all the pain of missing out on the golden opportunity at King's Dock 20 years ago and the missed additional revenue that could have catapulted us forward as a club. The first thing we should do on opening day is lob Kenwright into the Mersey, far enough so that he's over the line separating the Wirral from Merseyside, then give him a lifetime banning order from ever everything entering the city again.
-everything, typo.

I think it’s now a uniform perforation, from memory.

This is the best pic I could find in a quick search:

View attachment 189537

As you say, it was going to continue the Leitch pattern across the gaps between the brickwork, but it was one of the things they simplified so there could be an element of standardisation in manufacturing (and hence cost saving).

As for what - if anything - is going behind it, who knows? I don’t think we’ve had a clear answer on that.
Currently doesn't look to me like the stadium is going to be elevated like that (ie with a fairly steep set of steps leading up to it. Is that still the case? I love how it looks in that photo and really hope that's still the plan. What a beautiful design.

Currently doesn't look to me like the stadium is going to be elevated like that (ie with a fairly steep set of steps leading up to it. Is that still the case? I love how it looks in that photo and really hope that's still the plan. What a beautiful design.

The steps come in almost at the end. All it means is if you look at the west stand now the lowest floor will be covered by those steps and the floor above will be the first one that is truly visible.

The stepped plaza is still the plan. It's going to be excavated out and the bottom of the steps is at water level, which is significantly lower than the bottom of the stadium.

I took this last week, you can see how high above the Mersey it is:

IMG_5528.jpg