New Everton Stadium Discussion

They couldn’t justify those prices in the Championship, however as I said we’d need to nuke the wage bill and start again, matching that of mid table clubs in that division. If we can do that then we wouldn’t need to charge extortionate ticket prices and hopefully could fill the stadium. This plan is reliant on losing pretty much every player in the current squad though, including stragglers like Keane, Maupay, Holgate etc. Every player earning over about £40k would have to be sold or released. I’m in favour of that, but it’s going to be tough to find takers for them.
Whoever buys us won’t pay for the stadium out their own pocket , they will recoup the money from ticket prices .
777 have already borrowed heavily ensure the stadium build continues , they will have to repay that money and they pay for nothing themselves.

Just how has it come to this mate? Every fan on the planet could see the utter waste of monies being squandered yet the powers that be pushed on with it. If you didn't know better you'd be forgiven for thinking it was a plot to destroy Everton from day 1.
Rich men and their egos. Aston Villa under Lerner, QPR under Tony Fernandes,Leeds under Ridsdale, Portsmouth under Sasha Gaydemak with his dad's money, the list goes on

Yeah mate I thought I heard 100m a couple of months back. But we seem to be getting 20m a month to keep things going and Laings don't hand over the keys until December hence by little guesstimate.

I think around 90m-100m but could be anything mate as we only get lied to by the club.
True

Seems not far off with these structured monthly payments .
Stadium build finished October then all the testing & snagging by December when the keys are handed over.

Fingers crossed there's no more lies or surprises mate 🤞

Yeah , it's like we all knew Covid was going to happen , Russia would invade Ukraine and we'd unjustly be punished for overspending 🤔

Great thing hindsight.
Shouldering the fee's and wages for the likes of Gbamin and Dele and many other none entities have played their part. We'd never have needed loan sharks involved if the club owners had employed proper football people who know the game. 10's of millions written off from I guess a dozen or so no marks on the payroll who contributed nothing during their time here. This has murdered us.

Does anybody know how much money is estimated to be required to acrually finish the stadium completely? I've no idea and I'd doubt anyone here does either.
I have seen figures of 250m bandied about which if anything like true begs the question......where will the funding come from?
The newly published accounts yet again show eye watering losses even though we've borrowed big money from a firm who in turn borrowed it themselves.
What now? Have 777 the money to finish it after buying MSP out? If MSP take control will they pay off all our debts including Moshiri's winnings and finish it? Who's interest is it in to finish it? So many fingers in the pie, so many people just wanting their money back.....how does it end?
A part fan buy out was the answer 3 seasons ago to acquire a percentage of the club. I still to this day think 200m was acheivable to gain a meaningful stake and avert 777s toxicicty, and maybe help steer a better course. Too late now for any of that I really fear for us now and can see a horrible twist in the next year or so too. It's played out pretty much as I expected so far and I'm no Mystic Meg either.
Why you think they should have a whip around at the brick?

The thing is, Tom, that stadium is what it is. It's pretty much done. We can't turn the clock back.

No matter how strongly you feel about how it shouldn't have been built due to our financial situation, that doesn't mean that it won't benefit us massively in years to come by allowing us to help us generate significantly additional revenue in the future. There's been talk of scrapping it in here which is nonsense.

It is possible to acknowledge that both positions are true.

Not asking to turn the clock back at all, but if we could, I bet a fair few would opt for that right now. My only point was that there needs to be recognition that the stadium and our finances do no exist in separate bubbles. The stadium dominates our current financial and operational situation.

I've never said that it shouldn't be built, just always had reservations regards the glaring holes in the financial model, which was always totally dependent on the costs/debts being covered by the owner.

There are also no benefits if any additional revenue is more than eaten up by the debt, or worse still if we are relegated or we go into administration as a result of that debt.... that's the definition of a white elephant.

That isn't what we were promised!! There was never any mention of these risks. Only vague assurances that costs would be covered by our owner. This was then replaced by costs would be met till Christmas 2023, when in reality, he was already loading the club up with high interest debt (to minimise his losses) before the summer, which was only half-way through the build. Which again, only reaffirms the financial folly aspect.

This is what happens when the owner's and the club's points of no return do no coincide. We applied the same type of scattergun economics to stadium and team building and we have seen the result.

As I said, our only hope is that Dyche performs minor miracles and that Moshiri loses his shirt and we don't lose our club. If our new owners can service, restructure or absorb our final debt.... then, and only then will we see any benefits as a result of BMD.

Whoever buys us won’t pay for the stadium out their own pocket , they will recoup the money from ticket prices .
777 have already borrowed heavily ensure the stadium build continues , they will have to repay that money and they pay for nothing themselves.
With what's gone on in this sorry story there are so many possible endings to the nightmare, they cover the full spectrum from a rich Evertonian Arab stepping in at the 24th hour and making us great again, to going bankrupt and not seeing the top flight again for many years.
In between somwhere is the possibility that the club may end up with a 3rd party owning BMD as muted by many over the last few years.
If so then how would the stadium go towards the good of Everton FC in finacial terms? As it stands with so many fingers in the pie and so much toxic debt owed how can any one single entity ever own EFC and BMD? The ask would be well more than its value. As I've thought for a long time now, someone has to walk away and write off a huge amount of money for this to end happily for EFC and the fans.