New Everton Stadium Discussion

Regards the statues, what about we put up a few empty plinths, similar to Trafalgar Square. Think of it as a challenge to the players and a reminder how far we have fallen. Statues to be mounted as and when we ever have any players we might consider to be legends. Might have to wait a while.

Regards the statues, what about we put up a few empty plinths, similar to Trafalgar Square. Think of it as a challenge to the players and a reminder how far we have fallen. Statues to be mounted as and when we ever have any players we might consider to be legends. Might have to wait a while.
It's so sad that the closest and had to having a legend from the last 20-odd years has been Seamus, who has won absolutely zilch with us. Gonna be decades before any new legends are crowned, unless our standards really have dropped that low.

It's so sad that the closest and had to having a legend from the last 20-odd years has been Seamus, who has won absolutely zilch with us. Gonna be decades before any new legends are crowned, unless our standards really have dropped that low.

We have had some really good players over the last couple of decades, when we had little or no money. Arteta, Cahill, Fellini, Stones, Lescott, Baines, Coleman, Lukaku, for the last one Martinez, they were well scouted by Moyes's team, sadly when we got money, briefly we had poorer scouts and an Owner/ Chairman who thought they were better than scouts.

We have had some really good players over the last couple of decades, when we had little or no money. Arteta, Cahill, Fellini, Stones, Lescott, Baines, Coleman, Lukaku, for the last one Martinez, they were well scouted by Moyes's team, sadly when we got money, briefly we had poorer scouts and an Owner/ Chairman who thought they were better than scouts.
Sickening mate and just so depressing, even little Leon Osman would be a massive upgrade to this present team and he had a goal or two in him as well. Then we got "Moneybags" in and they behaved like kids in a sweetshop with their birthday money.....signing expensive bum after bum who have basically put us in the position we're in now. Gross negligence in an unprescedented scale. The Moyes years were heaven compared to this horror show that's now finally ruined Everton FC.

From the ferry today.💙
20240330_130619.jpg

I respect the idea but I don’t think we should drag anything negative to it.

I’m all for being proud of our heritage and showing it at the new stadium, but I’d rather use it as a strong reset with a new badge etc to help get rid of the toothless few decades we’ve had.

Absolutely for Neville Southall getting a statue. He was before my time but the player everyone praises.

I like the idea of the sitting down one, but probably not a good idea as he did that for a reason.

All for big Nev getting a statue, greatest goalkeeper of his time in my view and with Bill Kenwright not about now, may well deservedly get one.

All for big Nev getting a statue, greatest goalkeeper of his time in my view and with Bill Kenwright not about now, may well deservedly get one.
As I've said before, he was THE BEST in his position in the world during his peak. We haven't had many players in that bracket: Dean?

He was a central part of this club for over a decade, helping us during our most successful era and the '95 Cup win. He should be spoken about like Ball et al.

As I've said before, he was THE BEST in his position in the world during his peak. We haven't had many players in that bracket: Dean?

He was a central part of this club for over a decade, helping us during our most successful era and the '95 Cup win. He should be spoken about like Ball et al.

Spot on mate, you won't have many arguments with that post.