New Everton Stadium Discussion

If Everton have TT they really should not be using it for a car park/coach park, oh dear! That is the sort of thing you can plonk further along Regent Road or maybe Great Howard Street. Right opposite the stadium is prime land. I'm sure Peel will be making the most of the remaining docks, which will be out of our hands. But if the club want to make money they have to box clever. As mentioned earlier.

Also two points, there will be a club car park on the western edge. And why is it considered Everton's responsibility for coaches / cars? The CC and Merseytravel should themselves be coming up with a transport hub. I'm sure coaches will be parked along the dock road (like they do along Priory Road & Walton Lane).

Trackless trams are not the answer.

“It’s an “optically guided electric bus” which includes none of efficiency or ride quality benefits of trains, and is powered by batteries”

If Everton have TT they really should not be using it for a car park/coach park, oh dear! That is the sort of thing you can plonk further along Regent Road or maybe Great Howard Street. Right opposite the stadium is prime land. I'm sure Peel will be making the most of the remaining docks, which will be out of our hands. But if the club want to make money they have to box clever. As mentioned earlier.

Also two points, there will be a club car park on the western edge. And why is it considered Everton's responsibility for coaches / cars? The CC and Merseytravel should themselves be coming up with a transport hub. I'm sure coaches will be parked along the dock road (like they do along Priory Road & Walton Lane).

Iirc the planning permission docs showed the coaches were set to park a bit further up the dock road. I can't see them using that yard as a coach park as would they get a decent amount of return for doing so? And given you would need space for them to move it's not like you could fit in that many anyhow.

Iirc the planning permission docs showed the coaches were set to park a bit further up the dock road. I can't see them using that yard as a coach park as would they get a decent amount of return for doing so? And given you would need space for them to move it's not like you could fit in that many anyhow.
Be lucky to squeeze half a dozen coaches in there.

It's worth pointing out, as @Tom Hughes has mentioned, that it's not just about putting on more buses.

Fans approach and leave Goodison on all points of the compass. People who are driving park around Goodison in a radius of 1, 2, 3 miles and walk in. Others catch buses approaching from every direction, or get the train.

Being on the river, Bramley-Moore has pretty much half the approach angles of Goodison.

That's a huge bottleneck - especially when you consider there will be a third more fans approaching on half as much land.

Personally, I think match day traffic is going to be an absolute nightmare.
There'll be road closures / restricted access for private vehicles / blanket No Parking - it's how Councils think...I think.

Where has the club got the money for this ?

"Box clever"?! Never seen that term actually used. Worries.

And as the applicant Everton are responsible for delivering a transport plan full stop aren't they?

People will arrive earlier and leave later, staggered over a couple of hours, spending more time in and around the ground.
53k people are not pouring directly onto the streets at final whistle as 38k do at GP.
Can't see there being even half the problems people are predicting.
All of the possible issues will have been discussed, at great length, pre planning permission.

Calm down everyone

People will arrive earlier and leave later, staggered over a couple of hours, spending more time in and around the ground.
53k people are not pouring directly onto the streets at final whistle as 38k do at GP.
All of the possible issues will have been discussed, at great length pre planning permission.

Calm down everyone
53k are defo leaving.

This dream that people will stay in the concourse drinking is not happening.

All of the possible issues will have been discussed, at great length, pre planning permission.

Calm down everyone
We’re not going to know how different it’ll be until people’s routines are set. Maybe halfway through the first season.

I reckon plenty will still come just for the football and leave immediately. It’s just a question of how many.