New Everton Stadium Discussion

Great video. I don’t care if we get relegated, if we are up to our eyes in debt, this stadium next to the Mersey is going to be beautiful. Iconic gets used used but I reckon that underplays just how wonderful it’s going to be. I don’t care what anyone says about our owner, but he personally has made this happen, and todays and tomorrow’s fans should be eternally grateful for doing it. The more you see, the better it gets, the original images do not do justice to just how good it is…..
i do care if we get relegated ffs

It’s happened before, we came back. The RS, Utd, City, Spurs, Chelsea have all been relegated in my lifetime. Christ, even Burnley, Leicester, and all the other bozo teams have been down and back. I’d rather a reset and continual success than death by a thousand cuts…….

Yes, i agreed with most of it but that first sentence..
The stadium is looking epic though, if i was one of the players i imagine i would be getting very excited about playing there. The current player facilities at Goodison are underwhelming same as the fan facilities that im now very tired of having experienced many modern stadia. Our experience as fans is going to be immeasurably better. The location feels perfect for Everton to me, and puts us in a prominent and historic position. The RS are frothing that this is coming off!!

It’s happened before, we came back. The RS, Utd, City, Spurs, Chelsea have all been relegated in my lifetime. Christ, even Burnley, Leicester, and all the other bozo teams have been down and back. I’d rather a reset and continual success than death by a thousand cuts…….

have you not seen the club is upside down mate of the field?

they’re is no cert to come back up

so let’s not go down

The stadium is looking epic though, if i was one of the players i imagine i would be getting very excited about playing there. The current player facilities at Goodison are underwhelming same as the fan facilities that im now very tired of having experience many modern stadia. Our experience as fans is going to be immeasurably better. The location feels perfect for Everton to me, and puts us in a prominent and historic position. The RS are frothing that this is coming off!!

we can have a lovely ground and be in the prem - that’s it

The RS are frothing that this is coming off!!
This gives me as much pleasure as anything football related right now.

I remember them getting all giddy when H&G promised 'spade in the ground' for their fantasy Stanley Park stadium, only to end up with a meccano bolt on several years later.

Meanwhile Everton crack on and build their third ground. within the city. Where's your Tesco bags and socks now?

It's eating the local reds up. The OOT are too dozy to get it.

Knobheads.

The stadium is looking epic though, if i was one of the players i imagine i would be getting very excited about playing there. The current player facilities at Goodison are underwhelming same as the fan facilities that im now very tired of having experienced many modern stadia. Our experience as fans is going to be immeasurably better. The location feels perfect for Everton to me, and puts us in a prominent and historic position. The RS are frothing that this is coming off!!

Yes, Goodison is very tired, but that's what you get when you haven't invested in it for 30yrs and in reality over 50yrs for anything really substantial.

Yes, the new stadium is phenomenal, but it's delusional to think that the vast majority of kopites are the least bit bothered by it. They're going to get up to 60k+ and are chasing trophies. We're chasing survival and barely register with them anymore.

Yes, Goodison is very tired, but that's what you get when you haven't invested in it for 30yrs and in reality over 50yrs for anything really substantial.

Yes, the new stadium is phenomenal, but it's delusional to think that the vast majority of kopites are the least bit bothered by it. They're going to get up to 60k+ and are chasing trophies. We're chasing survival and barely register with them anymore.
I think they are a bit bothered. They may be pleased with themselves at the moment but nothing lasts forever. Donkeys move on and Americans get bored of pet projects. RS are much happier when we have 100% missery piled on us. The fact that most of us are esctatic about this stadium that is majestically appearing out of the ground, and all is going to plans and without drama. Thats what they are frothing about, they want our club to fail.

The last time we went down we were possibly the biggest club in the country and our neighbours were absolute nobodies. When we were promoted we had the biggest average crowds in Britain. We're not that club anymore. We cannot afford to go down on any measure. Our neighbours are one of the biggest clubs in Europe and we have fallen way down the pecking order in the last 30+ yrs. The stadium is going to cost us a fortune in interest repayments alone. Without Premiership monies and/or a much richer owner, that debt has the potential to kill the club stone dead. You could possibly argue that administration might wipe that slate clean, but I'm not sure how that works, nor if we would have that much bounce-back ability afterwards.

I think they are a bit bothered. They may be pleased with themselves at the moment but nothing lasts forever. Donkeys move on and Americans get bored of pet projects. RS are much happier when we have 100% missery piled on us. The fact that most of us are esctatic about this stadium that is majestically appearing out of the ground, and all is going to plans and without drama. Thats what they are frothing about, they want our club to fail.

Without drama? I wouldn't say our current plight is "without drama". Far from it in fact! I never go on LFC websites but I know quite a few blues who do and they tell me that our stadium us barely ever mentioned. Know hundreds of Kopites and many of them seem to think it's a good thing for the city and doesn't really impact them. Hopefully their complacency is misplaced, but I don't see any evidence of them "frothing" with jealousy at all.

Without drama? I wouldn't say our current plight is "without drama". Far from it in fact! I never go on LFC websites but I know quite a few blues who do and they tell me that our stadium us barely ever mentioned. Know hundreds of Kopites and many of them seem to think it's a good thing for the city and doesn't really impact them. Hopefully their complacency is misplaced, but I don't see any evidence of them "frothing" with jealousy at all.
I was talking about lack of drama in relation to the stadium build. Plenty of drama in other aspects of the club i concur, but i think once this appeal is done i feel calm may be upon us for a change. But like i say from what i get from RS friends is that they prefer as much missery piled on us as possible.
Things can turn around quick, wasnt that long ago when the RS nearly went into administration, not sure how they navigated through that without finincial doping or breaking rules..... I guess the rules were changed after they sorted their own perioulous financial situation out with American money.
Anyway enough about the RS, up the toffees! 😀

I was talking about lack of drama in relation to the stadium build. Plenty of drama in other aspects of the club i concur, but i think once this appeal is done i feel calm may be upon us for a change. But like i say from what i get from RS friends is that they prefer as much missery piled on us as possible.
Things can turn around quick, wasnt that long ago when the RS nearly went into administration, not sure how they navigated through that without finincial doping or breaking rules..... I guess the rules were changed after they sorted their own perioulous financial situation out with American money.
Anyway enough about the RS, up the toffees! 😀

The main difference between their and our financial difficulties.... was their's was entirely because the G&H takeover was essentially a leveraged buy out. They bought LFC with loans and other people's money. The credit crunch made their ownership and their stadium ambitions a financial chasm. As soon as the ownership changed, that was rectified in an instant, and their true financials were far healthier than ours. We've been haemorrhaging money for decades and have gone "all in" on the stadium. Hopefully the gamble works out. It's hard to tell because we don't know what the ultimate debt to the club will be....

Great video. I don’t care if we get relegated, if we are up to our eyes in debt, this stadium next to the Mersey is going to be beautiful. Iconic gets used used but I reckon that underplays just how wonderful it’s going to be. I don’t care what anyone says about our owner, but he personally has made this happen, and todays and tomorrow’s fans should be eternally grateful for doing it. The more you see, the better it gets, the original images do not do justice to just how good it is…..
It’s a game changer

for the first time in years we don't look rancid though, we are actually playing like a decent premier league time, building confidence, wed be mid table comfortably without the deduction. going down now would be a travesty

I would think there is probably a small element of jealousy about it if they actually bother to think about it, but would agree that they would rather have a trophy winning team so probably aren’t all that arsed generally as a fanbase. (Given that the majority of them aren’t from the city anyway)