New Everton Stadium Discussion

Given that LCR own the new trains and are taking buses back under control it seems logical to think they'll be publicly owned. Hopefully with funding fron a non fascist govenrnment.

There's two locks to navigate from AD to Nelson, you'd be quicker walking. They could do Princes to Nelson but there's a couple of low bridges they'd have to assess.
As a student in the 1970's I remember going on a boat tour of the docks from the Albert Dock through the system heading north, but can't say whether we got as far as BMD. It took ages and the only decent beer they had on board was cans of Guinness Export. It was so cold they didn't need a fridge for the cans, and I didn't really enjoy the experience.

The water taxi idea sounds good, but the boats would need to be much faster and smarter than the old canal boats to be an attractive option on match-days.

Given that LCR own the new trains and are taking buses back under control it seems logical to think they'll be publicly owned. Hopefully with funding fron a non fascist govenrnment.

There's two locks to navigate from AD to Nelson, you'd be quicker walking. They could do Princes to Nelson but there's a couple of low bridges they'd have to assess.

But, a boat with a bar and nibbles would have no real rush, so long as you set off early enough. There wouldn't be enough money in it for a water taxi alone, you'd need a secondary income onboard. Can imagine 3 or four of them, packed with people and waiting in Nelson till the final whistle. Get 20-30 people on them, all £5 a ticket, and sinking 2 or 3 pints each with some crisps and stuff. £20 a person, £600 a game. Maybe a few pints on the way back into the Albert Dock as well. Could be a floating bar on no match days, or just regular trips for visitors.

I was part of the team that designed and delivered the canal link. It's a fully navigable waterway from the terminus of the Leeds-Liverpool Canal at Stanley Dock through to Salthouse Dock. Some of the bridges may look low but they're high enough for canal craft and the like.

The route to the Albert Dock before the canal link was through the dock system to the north and out onto the River via Langton Lock, so craft can definitely get into Nelson Dock.

I agree though, it will probably be quicker to walk! lol

I haven't seen these before, looks very gloomy doesn't it. Hopefully they have something brighter in mind by now, having seen how it looks lit up under construction.
Yeah i must admit I wasn't overly impressed. There wasn't a great deal of info on lighting in the document and I do expect it to look significantly better in reality.

There's no way we'd be spending £750m on a new stadium that no-one can see in the dark!

Yeah i must admit I wasn't overly impressed. There wasn't a great deal of info on lighting in the document and I do expect it to look significantly better in reality.

There's no way we'd be spending £750m on a new stadium that no-one can see in the dark!
Maybe they were being cautious due to heritage and light pollution concerns, but I'm sure a lot more can be done with down-lighting on the facades and plaza, and maybe even through the perforated barrel on the roof.

But, a boat with a bar and nibbles would have no real rush, so long as you set off early enough. There wouldn't be enough money in it for a water taxi alone, you'd need a secondary income onboard. Can imagine 3 or four of them, packed with people and waiting in Nelson till the final whistle. Get 20-30 people on them, all £5 a ticket, and sinking 2 or 3 pints each with some crisps and stuff. £20 a person, £600 a game. Maybe a few pints on the way back into the Albert Dock as well. Could be a floating bar on no match days, or just regular trips for visitors.

Once more of the Liverpool Waters development starts to come forward there will definitely be a viable full time business there, ferrying people along the canal link between The Albert Dock and Bramley Moore, stopping at various points, even on non-match days.

Somebody asked about lighting the other day.

View attachment 234718

Obviously its the model, but i would assume teh lighting will be placed onto the stadium as well.
giphy.gif

Maybe they were being cautious due to heritage and light pollution concerns, but I'm sure a lot more can be done with down-lighting on the facades and plaza, and maybe even through the perforated barrel on the roof.
Yeah, renders with dim lighting pass planning easier.

It'll seem much brighter in reality. You can tell they've deliberately dialled it down when you look at the barely-there glow of the floodlights.

I don’t have a clue lol all I want is to be by the away fans but no to far back I can’t see as it is lol

Does anyone know about the Current waiting lists?

My nephew laid £35 quid today to join it
Pretty long, i think it was calculated 3-4 years min if we were to stay at Goodison. Problem is last few years since planning was agreed for BMD season ticket renewal rates have been incredible. I think once we move to BMD, things will settle down and because of the increase in capacity if you have been on the waitlist for a couple of years i think the chance of getting a season ticket for the first season at BMD is good.