New Everton Stadium Discussion

If we hadn't tried building this stadium, I wonder where we'd be right now? Curious that's all.
We'd probably still have Carlo, James wouldn't have been injury prone and would be our talisman, and instead of spending £500m on a stadium for the future, we'd have spent it on Haaland, Kane, Bellingham and Rice, and the premier league and media wouldve been fine with it because they have always loved us and never want to see us fail.

Oh, and there'd be no war in Ukraine, and Marvel films would still be decent as well.

Blimey, not only are you a mind reader you now know what every single Evertonians opinion is about public transport provision at GP. I said "some people" and there are some who think it's brilliant. I know people who live on a direct bus route who think that way

I would imagine that 25% of the local population having access to the Northern Line to get to the match would make a huge difference, would it?

I live on a direct bus route to GP, but I'd say public transport is reasonable to good rather than brilliant. Walton is better than most locations (outside of the city centre).... but far from brilliant nowadays (de-regulation saw to that decades ago). The fact that less than 40% use public transport to go to GP might illustrate that point better (average of approx 80-90+% at most London clubs).

Yes, merseyrail's 25% population coverage is better than nothing, but compared to say Manchester's metrolink at 70% coverage or London underground at 94%, it's only limited use for most fans. The same 25% can currently get to Sandhills to get soccerbus or change for Kirkdale to walk the same distance to GP, yet only a few percent of our matchgoing fanbase actually use it. Hopefully the system will be expanded to give greater population coverage and other public transport is improved too.

If we hadn't tried building this stadium, I wonder where we'd be right now? Curious that's all.

On the pitch no real difference. Off the pitch we'd be more stable as we've had to overstretch ourselves to finance the stadium and Moshiri's money went with Usmanov. The stadium might be a help in the long run for selling the club on but right now it's a hinderance as it's got to be paid for.

We'd probably still have Carlo, James wouldn't have been injury prone and would be our talisman, and instead of spending £500m on a stadium for the future, we'd have spent it on Haaland, Kane, Bellingham and Rice, and the premier league and media wouldve been fine with it because they have always loved us and never want to see us fail.

Oh, and there'd be no war in Ukraine, and Marvel films would still be decent as well.
Had me until the last bit.

Still?

Had me until the last bit.

Still?
Comparatively at the very least. Its pretty much all been downhill since Infinity War. But i digress.

Imagine that team though, with Haaland, Kane, James, Bellingham and Rice.

With the money left over we couldve already redeveloped Goodison as well.

Such a shame.

Comparatively at the very least. Its pretty much all been downhill since Infinity War. But i digress.

Imagine that team though, with Haaland, Kane, James, Bellingham and Rice.

With the money left over we couldve already redeveloped Goodison as well.

Such a shame.
Could've got Messi for on the bench. Lash him on for last 20 minutes of every game to slot the 4th and 5th in another thumping.

Stupid ground ffs

I agree btw, but the point is we have well gone last the point of no return concerning the stadium build, if we stop we have to return it to what it was originally which would probably cost us more. No one knew this war was coming, I know I'm being cold hearted with the amount of people been killed for both sides, but Chelsea the other team with a Russian owner have done very well out of it, we didnt, we bore the brunt as a Football club, hate to sound callous, with the amount of lives lost its truly shocking/ heartbreaking. But in the cold light of day we might not survive this with our debt and the incredibly bad way we have been run, with owners, Moshiri and Kenwright who have run for cover.

Usmanov’s involvement in the club was illegal in the first place, so I have a really hard time buying into the hard luck stories about the war. It’s why he had to remain in the shadows and it was never allowed to be spoken about, because he de facto owned us while also owning a 20-something percent stake in Arsenal. That’s why they couldn’t force us to sell the club after the sanctions like they did with Chelsea, because we’d been lying and telling everyone for years that Moshiri was our owner and benefactor. Karma comes around eventually.

Usmanov’s involvement in the club was illegal in the first place, so I have a really hard time buying into the hard luck stories about the war. It’s why he had to remain in the shadows and it was never allowed to be spoken about, because he de facto owned us while also owning a 20-something percent stake in Arsenal. That’s why they couldn’t force us to sell the club after the sanctions like they did with Chelsea, because we’d been lying and telling everyone for years that Moshiri was our owner and benefactor. Karma comes around eventually.
Usmanov sold his 30% stake in Arsenal to Kroenke in August 2018.
It would have been better for us if he had officially come on board then.
Strange that he didnt.

He didn’t because it would’ve exposed the fact had he’d been running us for the past 2 and a half years. There was no way of covering that up.
Once he had sold his shares to Kroenke there is no reason he couldn't "buy" into Everton.
The whole football World knew he was behind Moshiri but there was never ever anything in him name.
They tried all this in the media and even made programs to link him to Everton.
They failed , there are still looking.

Up til the war he could have bought the club and paid for the stadium any time he wanted to.
I still find it strange.

Unfortunately, I don't think you're too far off the mark there.

The money of the past few years has only papered over the cracks of a grossly dysfunctional club, that had been hollowed out over the previous decade or 2. Not long after that money went, the club went into a downward spiral.

When Russia invaded and sanctions came in, there was barely anything above ground at BMD. Moshiri pressed on regardless. Probably in the hope that even when partially built, the stadium would attract investment or even a buyer, and he could at least recoup his investment. Evidently, we've passed that tipping point.

Let's hope we don't become a latter day Coventry City.

Could Everton end up having to rent BMD for an exorbitant amount or play home games away - somewhere like Bolton - as Coventry did playing at Northampton or Birmingham for four years.

degsy i’m scared mate i really am

this is the worst ever i’ve seen this club
and what can you actually do about it?

“I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.​

Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.​

I will face my fear.​

I will permit it to pass over me and through me.​

And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.​

Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.​

Only I will remain.​

and hopefully EFC & BMD

I'm surprised any significant work remains ongoing. There is clearly now a material doubt about whether we'll be in a position to pay future applications.

LOR and the subcontractors must be getting nervous at this point.

This and this alone is the reason we ain't gone pop.

The only thing left of any value to bring a buyer in.
Rest of it is a shîtshow.

And it's probably going to get sold so we can keep the lights on

Our wonderful new stadium of which we were all so proud and excited for, and by the time it's built we probably won't even own it

Heart breaking