New Everton Stadium Discussion

I am no publican, but how well do draught beers last in a barrel when they might not be used for 2 weeks? @peteblue
A good while if they're not tapped I imagine. Just a matter of knowing when it's worth putting a new barrel on or simply chucking a towel over the pump handle for that particular day.

EDIT - doh, wot @Exeter_Gently said. Will know more about it than me.....which is true of a lot of people about a lot of things.

A good while if they're not tapped I imagine. Just a matter of knowing when it's worth putting a new barrel on or simply chucking a towel over the pump handle for that particular day.

EDIT - doh, wot @Exeter_Gently said. Will know more about it than me.....which is true of a lot of people about a lot of things.

Its just a remember the owner of my local telling me he had to kinda keep the tapped barrels "ready" during lockdown. Or he may have just used that as an excuse to have a few!

The club will have a good idea of how many pints we do per game at GP but God knows how they will forecast it for BM...You'll have Blues literally there from midday till closing time....which is all great for the club's coffers but I certainly don't envi the people that will be running it all and I ran a pub 5 minutes from Twickenham stadium so l know what's its like on a busy game day.

This one wasn't in the press release but looks good;

F0WVJTRXwAIaTRJ

Subtle Everton, a big enough space and hopefully affordable.

Feels wild west which is very Everton these days. Just needs a few spittoons @AndyC
Yeah, some good ideas. I wonder if any of these places will be open on non-match days? I think a bar like that will become an attraction in its own right. Starting a Friday night session in there and heading into town seems like a good plan to me.

I am no publican, but how well do draught beers last in a barrel when they might not be used for 2 weeks? @peteblue

Draught Ale (cask) once vented, conditioned and tapped available for service and on line will last 3 days. However in a ground selling thousands of pints that shouldn’t be an issue once they’ve trialled and understood the normal throughput. Lagers and ciders in Kegs, pressurised with gas can last for weeks depending on the cellar environment…..

Yeah, some good ideas. I wonder if any of these places will be open on non-match days? I think a bar like that will become an attraction in its own right. Starting a Friday night session in there and heading into town seems like a good plan to me.

There is a restaurant that overlooks the river that they intend to keep open. I would imagine if there is a bar in that vicinity it would probably be open too...