New Everton Stadium Discussion

Hopefully we get it funded prior to relegation. It will be built, I don’t doubt that. My only concern being that if we go down, which I think we will, is we have a massive black hole funding wise. We could be left with no alternative but to sell the stadium to fund its completion and then rent it back.

Looking well this morning

2FD18CAE-621B-47CD-B9CC-8D0BFCDDB0CD.jpeg

It feels like a sick joke when we're in this mess.

We should all be enjoying this being built, but that's been robbed from us.
When i am in this thread or watching Update Videos, i cast aside all "on pitch" issues just for a brief moment albeit.

I still love what is going up but you are right to a point, it is detracting from it somewhat.

I do feel the "energy" around it in here has dropped quite a bit over last few weeks tho but it will pick up!

When i am in this thread or watching Update Videos, i cast aside all "on pitch" issues just for a brief moment albeit.

I still love what is going up but you are right to a point, it is detracting from it somewhat.

I do feel the "energy" around it in here has dropped quite a bit over last few weeks tho but it will pick up!
The appetite for the new stadium has understandably been affected.

It's a real shame. But that's what the owner and board have done here: they've risked all our futures on a massive project like this and it's too big for a struggling club on the pitch to cope with.

We wont be the first or last club to collapse under the financial and organisational weight of building a new stadium.

It's a real shame. But that's what the owner and board have done here: they've risked all our futures on a massive project like this and it's too big for a struggling club on the pitch to cope with.

We wont be the first or last club to collapse under the financial and organisational weight of building a new stadium.
There are concerns Dave and rightly so but lets keep the Blue Tinted specs on for the Stadium thread, I see a magnificent project and Stadium coming to fruition and desperately want it to be our "phoenix" moment and hope it will.

I firmly believe that moves are afoot within our hallowed halls to deal with issues that we wont be privy to until they come out.

We wasn’t great but we wasn’t struggling till they decided to get in Benitez. We least James Iceland and DLC became broke. Relegation battle. Then we start this season with even less options in attack after losing Richie. I honestly don’t no what they was expecting. Then they made it even worse by selling Gordon and not replacing him with anyone. Think that decision takes us down personally. We wouldn’t be in this mess if we had even two decent attacking players that can create and score goals we would be comfortably mid table because we have a mid table defence and midfield and a non existent attack.

I think we would probably be fine if we got Dyche in after Carlo. Instead we got a manager that wasn’t wanted by the majority of the fan base and ripped away all creativity in the side. Then we replaced him with an inexperienced manager that couldn’t solve the problems.

If Carlo stayed we would be no where near relegation probably just treading water in mid-table till this was done.