New Everton Stadium Discussion

PicsArt_11-23-11.15.41.jpg

I honestly don’t think I’ve ever seen you say anything positive about the new stadium.

Strangely, you have been positive many times about what the redsh*te are doing though.

It’s just plain weird.

Apologies, I don't really do hype or exaggeration. I also didn't start this line of discussion.

Not plain weird at all, just plain facts and figures. Feel free to correct them.

People are quoting the maximum height of our stadium roof as a size comparison to much larger stands elsewhere. While not recognising that the leading edge of our roof is significantly upturned and elevated far above the top rows of each stand. The stadium sizist equivalent of "stuffing socks down yer kecks".

The new stands at Anfield are 93 and 84 rows deep and therefore quite significantly larger in capacity than any side or end stand at BMD. The current Kop is much shallower than our new south stand and looks smaller but infact is actually 16 rows deeper than our new home end (76 compared to 60rows). It is almost 30yrs old and inferior to our new end stand in most respects except weather protection and perhaps acoustics, (much larger acoustic catchment due to roof geometry and proximity). The cranked and closed corners may help the south stand in that respect. However at 60 rows, it is smaller than many end stands in the country and not really the super home-end originally promised (in the original design). Of course safe-standing may yet help on that score.

That is mainly due the upturned roof line, which is raised quite high above the stadium. The 2 new stands at Anfield are significantly larger in terms of capacity/numbers of rows. Similar for Spurs new ground.

So? They are both Champions League clubs, Liverpool are one of the biggest clubs on the planet whether we like it or not. Why should we demand a bigger stadium than them? What would that prove?

So? They are both Champions League clubs, Liverpool are one of the biggest clubs on the planet whether we like it or not. Why should we demand a bigger stadium than them? What would that prove?

Yes Mike we have some way to go as yet to get up into CL territory. But are new stadium is brand new from the ground up, Anfield is an old building with loads of extensions.

Where have I demanded anything? Others made a comparison about heights of our stands and theirs which were slightly misplaced. However, the simple fact is, regardless of their status, we're spending significantly more than them on our stadium, which makes that a fairly moot point.