New Everton Stadium Discussion

Won't we always have the potential opportunity to expand the footprint out in to the water?

I'm no expert on the matter, but is adding bits and bobs on to the stadium as time passes a really good idea? United did that for years, and have ended up with a 74k dump. Isn't that what will eventually happen if you keep adding to an already aging building? As I say, I'm no expert.

I know we're all made up with getting a new stadium, but we will have to rebuild again at some point, won't we?

I doubt that there are any current GOT posters who need to worry about that. :coffee:

@kev You're missing the point entirely. My point being. Why spend years, and money, adding bits on, when you're just inevitably moving towards having to knock it all down again?

Did Spurs and Arsenal leave any scope for this? I have no idea. Have Arsenal added any bits on since they moved? Is it worth them doing it in 20 years, or will they then be moving towards an Old Trafford scenario?

Last edited:

@kev You're missing the point entirely. My point being. Why spend years, and money, adding bits on, when you're just inevitably moving towards having to knock it all down again?

Did Spurs and Arsenal leave any scope for this? I have no idea. Have Arsenal added any bits on since they moved? Is it worth them doing it in 20 years, or will they then be moving towards an Old Trafford scenario?
A lot of ifs and buts that the future cannot predict.

Just enjoy the stadium as is for now and let those that earn the big bucks to make those decisions, sweat on those logistics, we are mere mortals who just wanna watch a successful footy team in a good stadium, we are close on 50% of this currently(stadium) and the rest(successful team) hopefully will follow!

I don't think I missed your point, but as I said it's not something any of us need to worry about. Maybe if GOT is still active our descendants will revisit this thread in the decades to come. ?‍♂️

I don't think I missed your point, but as I said it's not something any of us need to worry about. Maybe if GOT is still active our descendants will revisit this thread in the decades to come. ?‍♂️

No, you're right. I'm just genuinely wondering if the Old Trafford scenario is why we're not planning on expanding as we go.

I'm not worried about anything mate. I'm fine with 52k, it's just all the talk of expansion, and the capacity to do so, got me thinking about the above.

If you cared to watch Mr Drone's latest video you would see he has addressed this at the end. There are people not following any of the health and safety rules for the drones that have been put in place. It's going to ruin it for everyone when a no fly zone is put in place on a bigger scale because of an idiot.

Apologies I turn the sound off when watching (normally at work).

Drones are actually a real security threat so despite the enjoyment I'd rather not get the build delayed or any bad press.

This will be an issue in the first 10-20rows. Upturned roof lines at some modern stadia have offered very poor protection. I think at Bilbao they had to expand coverage into the playing area to better protect the crowd.

At that cost we probably should've expected a closing roof.
Wouldn’t make a difference in this case. I’m pretty sure we couldn’t just close a roof if we want for a pl game.

I might be wrong but didn’t city add rows at the front to bring the stands closer to the pitch?