New Everton Stadium Discussion

I agree to an extent. I'm in a union myself and as such expect my employer to engage with my union.

I mentioned in my earlier post that the club may need to take a view and possibly seek clarification from LOR on this.

But honestly Dave, whilst much of what you have written in the avalanche of posts you have made since this issue was highlighted is bang on in terms of workers rights, your apparent delight at slamming the club, and the excessively angry rhetoric is just over the top in my view. Lobby the club if you are so vehement that they should act. Just seems like you'd rather come on here and revel in the negativity of it all. You've been pretty quiet on here lately, but nothing like a chance to criticise the club to get your juices flowing and back you come with a vengeance.

My point? I don't think you're wrong to ask questions and demand fair treatment for workers, but having accused another poster of 'anecdotal' evidence you seem to be using a lot of assumptions yourself.

Let's see what comes out in the wash before completely losing our [Poor language removed] with the club hey?
That's not trrue mate. The first picket outside the stadium site I kept quiet about, because I fully expected that to be ironed out by the club. But they didn't do that and now they just double down on the pathetic excuses that they have assurances from LOR that unions are not outlawed from the site and they - the club - fully support trade union rights...without doing anything concrete about it.

I tell you this though: they'll HAVE to get more involved on this, because it's a story that wont stay local for very much longer. And if EFC want people to believe them when they say they are fair minded and communitarian then they have to start calling the shots to the people they are paying a great deal of money to and force union recognition and full participation at that site. This wont go away.

Nah, mix it up a bit. Just one stand named after the compass point (North). East stand ought to be the Regent Road Stand. West stand should reference the river. Home end the Nelson Dock stand.

That's not trrue mate. The first picket outside the stadium site I kept quiet about, because I fully expected that to be ironed out by the club. But they didn't do that and now they just double down on the pathetic excuses that they have assurances from LOR that unions are not outlawed from the site and they - the club - fully support trade union rights...without doing anything concrete about it.

I tell you this though: they'll HAVE to get more involved on this, because it's a story that wont stay local for very much longer. And if EFC want people to believe them when they say they are fair minded and communitarian then they have to start calling the shots to the people they are paying a great deal of money to and force union recognition and full participation at that site. This wont go away.
Haha you really do hold the club accountable to our slogan dont you mate? ?

Gotta be lenient here. Building a stadium is a HUGE project, one that we're all more than satisfied with how its been conducted so far.

If a contractor is having issues with staff - that's their problem / responsibility.

We can't be expected to be perfect from every angle.

At the end of the day, when we move into that new beautiful home, nobody will care about how a contractor treated its employees. (Providing they're not drowning them in the mersey or even worse, forcing them to attend Everton matches - don't worry about it).

Gotta be lenient here. Building a stadium is a HUGE project, one that we're all more than satisfied with how its been conducted so far.

If a contractor is having issues with staff - that's their problem / responsibility.

At the end of the day, when we move into that new beautiful home, nobody will care about how a contractor treated its employees. (Providing they're not drowning them in the mersey or even worse, forcing them to attend Everton matches - don't worry about it).
That's already happened. The precedent is set and they need to do a lot more.

A club like this in a city like this allowing anti-trade union practices on its new stadium? They have to be reflecting the culture of the city.

That's not going to prevail for long. They should act now to resolve this, because, as said, this will go national and the name of the club will be dirt.

Everton FC have traded on 'The People's Club' for years...now let them prove it.

Clown. We, the club, are/is the client. The contractor works for us. A stern word, a formal letter from the club sorts any issues out. If so inclined.

That's already happened. The precedent is set and they need to do a lot more.

A club like this in a city like this allowing anti-trade union practices on its new stadium? They have to be reflecting the culture of the city.

That's not going to prevail for long. They should act now to resolve this, because, as said, this will go national and the name of the club will be dirt.

Everton FC have traded on 'The People's Club' for years...now let them prove it.
So you expect them to 'act' and potentially jeopardize our relationship, interfering with the build?

What's more important?

Yes they will. They already are and more coverage will broaden out that knowledge.

As said: I hoped the club would sort this out. They haven't though and they need to ASAP.

If there is an issue, the wise thing for the club to do would be to ask LOR exactly what the issue is. Plenty of construction folk on here have said they are pretty good to work for, and alluded to troublemakers among some workers in their industry.

Its not much to do with the club, as in reputation, if said rep is ok with the builders.

If there is an issue, the wise thing for the club to do would be to ask LOR exactly what the issue is. Plenty of construction folk on here have said they are pretty good to work for, and alluded to troublemakers among some workers in their industry.

Its not much to do with the club, as in reputation, if said rep is ok with the builders.

There's not much to get confused about over this: the club have asked what the situation is. They have said LOR are happy to have trade union organisation on the site and the club believe LOR when they say that offering union reps to be there at indiuction is enough. The club know that isn't enough. They must have prior knowledge of that firm's buisness practises and thre constant dismissive attitude it has to trade union participation.

Clients can call the shots. Earlier I posted a reference to an example of that. That's what Everton need to be doing. And there will be plenty of Evertonians from a trade union background who wont be happy with this. They are workers as well as Evertonians and EFC need to understand that.