New Everton Stadium Discussion

…sounding good. if the roof is in place ahead of the really bad weather, does that enable progress to be made on internal development regardless of conditions?

Hey Eggs in short yes especially the west stand where the home and away change rooms will be and the internal plumbing and power can begin to be installed.

Again the West stand is dependent on the heavy cranes too so how much of that stand can be progressed is dependent on the weather too.

I’d imagine if significant progress is made there it’s looking promising, in the mean time the north and south stands will go though the same process too.

It won’t grind to a halt due to bad weather just slow down but they have contingency plans for that I think

I actually had a short conversation with someone at LoR who has knowledge of the BMD through my work, (I’m an engineer by trade) and although he is not directly involved in the build he has some insight.

He tells me they are bang on schedule with the build but as you probably read already it’s the winter months that will be key depending on the weather if it stays on schedule.

The roof trusses will have to wait until all the concrete terraces are in place in the upper section on the North and South stand as obviously you can’t lift concrete blocks into place if the roof is in the way.

They are aiming for the start of the 24/25 season with test events taking place with limited capacities then ramping up towards the start of the season.

In short if we get a horrible winter in terms of winds and weather that will slip.

I've heard and seen plenty to the contrary that suggests they won't be ready for the start of 24/25. LoR's recent update which i posted further back states completion IN the 24/25 season and not FOR. The programme in the Construction Management plan that was submitted for planning also suggests they are off the pace as some of the roof trusses should be on by now.

Others on here have been told December for completion by people working on site.

It was only recently that Colin Chong did an interview where he said the roof trusses would be lifted into place this month. Based on what I can see on site I find it hard to believe they will be ready this month. There is still quite a lot to do on both the North and South stands and they still need to erect all the temporary supports.

We've only got two years until the start of the 24/25 season. Whilst we're making good progress there is a hell of a lot left to do and there will undoubtedly be delays to come. I'll be quite frankly amazed if it's finished for the start of 24/25.

…sounding good. if the roof is in place ahead of the really bad weather, does that enable progress to be made on internal development regardless of conditions?
The roof will be some way off being fully complete yet. They want to get the roof trusses up before the bad weather sets in but that doesn't include all the cladding.

As I understand it, LoR will be installing temporary weatherproofing to the stands to allow the internal fit-out to commence. This should happen after the trusses have been installed.

I've heard and seen plenty to the contrary that suggests they won't be ready for the start of 24/25. LoR's recent update which i posted further back states completion IN the 24/25 season and not FOR. The programme in the Construction Management plan that was submitted for planning also suggests they are off the pace as some of the roof trusses should be on by now.

Others on here have been told December for completion by people working on site.

It was only recently that Colin Chong did an interview where he said the roof trusses would be lifted into place this month. Based on what I can see on site I find it hard to believe they will be ready this month. There is still quite a lot to do on both the North and South stands and they still need to erect all the temporary supports.

We've only got two years until the start of the 24/25 season. Whilst we're making good progress there is a hell of a lot left to do and there will undoubtedly be delays to come. I'll be quite frankly amazed if it's finished for the start of 24/25.

The information I got was from a experienced construction project manager and this is what he said. I asked him about the timelines and he was adamant they are where they should be right about now.

As I said earlier he did say the weather will play a part on the pace of the construction and thus time lines could slip.

I guess only time will tell this time next year

The information I got was from a experienced construction project manager and this is what he said. I asked him about the timelines and he was adamant they are where they should be right about now.

As I said earlier he did say the weather will play a part on the pace of the construction and thus time lines could slip.

I guess only time will tell this time next year

I'm not doubting what you've been told. I've got no hard evidence to be fair, it's ultimately my opinion based on what I've read/heard and what I can see on site.

However, I've been in this game long enough to know that a project of this size and complexity rarely finishes on time!

That's the spirit.

Also, we just have to have these installed...

ffe82cfe73de8aa6fd15525be7d3a5ce_w200.gif