New Everton Stadium Discussion

It's a brick sort of glued together like a resin ,if you ever go to a macdonals they're buildings are done like this ,it is a cheaper product and makes bricklayers like me fume ,it's a better product than some tho it could of been like a brick type tile fixed to a metal strip ,alot of apartments are getting done like this in Manchester cheap and nasty. Traditional building is always the best option imo

On the image it looks tea a concrete post with actual brickwork on the outsidee?

If it's what you say, it looks good from a distance but up close cheap.

On the image it looks tea a concrete post with actual brickwork on the outsidee?

If it's what you say, it looks good from a distance but up close cheap.
No not really it's still the same material as a face brick ,you will never know once its done .there is always a issue with this product tho I've found in time the cold weather gets behind the face of the brick and blow the front off or corners

It just maddens me when you get a cluless fool like Meis deciding he knows this sort of thing is what we all want. I doubt very much if there'd been a consultation on it it would have had momentum.

Our fans aren't the misty-eyed sentimentalists the club and their mates at the Echo tell us we are.

That pattern to the brickwork looks a mess and adds NOTHING to the stadium aesthetic.
It's just a nod to the past. Why do you have to find fault with everything?

It's just a nod to the past. Why do you have to find fault with everything?
horse-summer-time_118342-39818.jpg

So they are real bricks implanted into the covering, but it's not a brick building which the designs made some people beleive?
It’s the manner of the application that’s different, but really it’s not very different to any ‘brick’ building built in at least the last 60 years.

The major structure of most brick houses built in that period is the block work, with the bricks essentially there only as an aesthetic choice of outer skin.

As long as we can’t see the joins between panels, and I don’t think we will because the brickwork is only in thin strips right around the build, I think it’ll look like it was laid on site.

It’s the manner of the application that’s different, but really it’s not very different to any ‘brick’ building built in at least the last 60 years.

The major structure of most brick houses built in that period is the block work, with the bricks essentially there only as an aesthetic choice of outer skin.

As long as we can’t see the joins between panels, and I don’t think we will because the brickwork is only in thin strips right around the build, I think it’ll look like it was laid on site.
So long as I don’t see the joins in the team will do me. Sitting in a dry spot watching a game is all I need