New Everton Stadium Discussion

You’d have to think that unless the plan allowed for the boat to spend of the time in dock, the dock-filling will be well behind schedule.
With my usual proviso that I know nothing about dredging or major construction projects, you’d have to think that the schedule doesn’t rely on the Shoalway operating 24/7 (as it has been) for 3 months straight.

Presumably these boats need occasional scheduled maintenance, and perhaps that’s what happening now?

With my usual proviso that I know nothing about dredging or major construction projects, you’d have to think that the schedule doesn’t rely on the Shoalway operating 24/7 (as it has been) for 3 months straight.

Presumably these boats need occasional scheduled maintenance, and perhaps that’s what happening now?
It must be nearly half filled already, it's been doing 4 trips a day for the last 2 weeks after it was docked for a week. It was working a straight week 24/7 before then.

Like yourself, I'm not an expert in construction or marine projects, but you would also expect that the weather and tide will play a part in the process.

The expectation by some of our brethern that the boat should or even would work anywhere near 24/7 throuhgout the process is laughable.

Like yourself, I'm not an expert in construction or marine projects, but you would also expect that the weather and tide will play a part in the process.

The expectation by some of our brethern that the boat should or even would work anywhere near 24/7 throuhgout the process is laughable.
It also takes time to load the royal blue dye before they load the sand. Don’t want just any old coloured sand do we?

It must be nearly half filled already, it's been doing 4 trips a day for the last 2 weeks after it was docked for a week. It was working a straight week 24/7 before then.
I seem to vaguely remember hearing about how many tonnes of sand were needed... it might be possible to estimate how many drops the Shoalway has made and get an idea from that of how filled it is. I suspect it's probably a fair bit under halfway still, but that's purely guesswork.

I seem to vaguely remember hearing about how many tonnes of sand were needed... it might be possible to estimate how many drops the Shoalway has made and get an idea from that of how filled it is. I suspect it's probably a fair bit under halfway still, but that's purely guesswork.
450000 cubic m. Ship carrying 3000 every trip.

Dock is approx 450,000m3. Shoalway can gather approx 4,500m3.