New Everton Stadium Discussion

To be fair, they have only just received the required official letter of consent. They couldn't have started before that. Everton have started as quickly as they reasonably could have.
I am taking it you’re in the industry as am I. Have contacts at LOR and G &T and according to them all going as well as it could be at this stage

More tests and consultations. You know, it might have been a good idea to check for UXBs before starting out.

That update is an insult to our intelligence.

Spade in ground or don't bother.
You cant just have a quick look for UXO's. They will have a UXO advisor on site during ALL of the ground works. If they are breaking ground or below ground level, they will be there. UXO's can bury themselves at surprising depths...

Its a fair point but if I recall there have been a number of builds that have had delays due to UXB being discovered after spades in the ground!

I guess its part of "process" but would they have spent money doing this in advance with possibility they may not have been given Planning Consent?

Who knows!

But as far as I can see there aren't many, if any, negatives to this project, Club Wise, City Wise etc etc so lets embrace it!
I mean we could have had the Tesco Carrier Bag version and been the laughing stock of the North West but here we are being compared to the Iconic Guggenheim in Bilbao!
You get a survey done which gives a rating on the likely hood of UXO's being present. Liverpool being heavily bombed is always rated as red. They have even mapped as many bombs as humanly possible that were dropped during the war. The preliminary report will have been done already now the UXO's advisor will be on site for quite a while.

Initial works carried out on site 2 years a go were for the ground investigation to legitamise and assist the stadium design for piling and fill etc etc.. This is mainly aimed at Davek.. lol