New Everton Stadium Discussion

You know Goodison is just one of many stadiums designed by the same guy right?

There are things in Goodison that you find elsewhere in other stadiums, such as in Ibrox

Stadium's may share certain similar design traits sometimes, but that doesn't mean they can't be distinct and unique from one another

Your view is reductive in the extreme
I don't see BMD as particularly special based on the designs. Especially on the inside. Sorry.

Maybe I'm being too romantic about it. But I'd just rather see an Everton side playing at Goodison and being contenders than anywhere else in the world.

If you do eventually visit Goodison you'll understand why BMD is needed

It's certainly got charm, but it's had it's day and if the club is to progress then we need a new ground, if only to ensure more people can go the game as we have a waiting list for Season Tickets at the moment

If you do eventually visit Goodison you'll understand why BMD is needed

It's certainly got charm, but it's had it's day and if the club is to progress then we need a new ground, if only to ensure more people can go the game as we have a waiting list for Season Tickets at the moment
The season ticket thing is fair

I don't see BMD as particularly special based on the designs. Especially on the inside. Sorry.
What would make it "special on the inside", out of curiosity? Stadia are banks of seats surrounding a pitch. There's a limited amount that can be done. In the case of BMD, the banks have been kept as steep as is allowed, and as close to the pitch as is allowed.

The location and outside of the stadium are nothing short of iconic.

...*Very Loud Tannoy voice on repeat -
A-wooga, A-wooga 'Commence Operation Do Up The Bullens' this is not a drill, repeat, this is not a drill
A-wooga, A-wooga 'Commence Operation...'
*VLTvoice wound right down into near back ground...

*New VLT voice on repeat...'Can Tom Hughes please report to the main office'...'Can Tom...........

*sound of feet running off into the distance accompanied by faint - 'sod that for a game of soldiers'

You don't have to do any of that stuff to put in seats made of plastic or to make the toilets work properly!

Putting in plastic seats isn't going to put an extra 13,000 people in the ground and it's going to be pretty much impossible to extend the ground itself because it's surrounded by houses and we're not going to do what Liverpool did and drive people out of their homes just so we can build a bigger stand

I don't want to be rude here, but it really sounds like you have zero understanding of the situation and are debating purely from a position of ignorance on this matter

You're wrong about this

As your fellow Americans like to say, "Take the L"

What would make it "special on the inside", out of curiosity? Stadia are banks of seats surrounding a pitch. There's a limited amount that can be done. In the case of BMD, the banks have been kept as steep as is allowed, and as close to the pitch as is allowed.

The location and outside of the stadium are nothing short of iconic.
It's fine.

Mate I'm really not an expert on this subject, but does it require you to build on to your house to make the plumbing work right?
Good, so stop saying stupid [Poor language removed]. We have legislation over here which protects people’s rights; such as light, noise pollution (so throwing an extra tier onto the bullens will affect Doris who has lived in her 2 up 2 down for 50 years), traffic management etc

So has you stated, you’re not an expert so kindly pipe down