New Everton Stadium Discussion

No chance - Sky/BT will agree a reduced TV deal which means WBA of this world can only spend £10 million on a player instead of £20 million. Wages will likely be reduced etc.

Make no mistake long term PL stadiums full of proper fans will be more marketable than Super league stadiums half empty with only happy clappers in from Idaho or Sri Lanka

hope you’re right - I’m not so sure.

hope you’re right - I’m not so sure.

Footballs so popular because its so authentic.

You take that authenticity away, the rivalries, the threat of relegation or battle for europe, cup games etc and what do you have?

Make no mistake they have signed their own death warrant.

I wouldn't put it past BT and Sky to also in some form of solidarity stick 2 fingers up to them and keep a decent TV deal going - people will still tune in same way lads on here watch European games etc.

The TV rights are such because of the viewing figures. Most viewers support the teams in the ESL.

At best there will likely be massively reduced TV rights which its likely means our current wage bill may not be able to support.
If the premier league and champions cut their prize money In half and we’re qualifying. We will be in the same boat financially. Well probably better off from the champions league exposure. IE sponsorship more games

And maybe transfer fees and wages come down.

The bigger worry is them 6 being allowed to play in the premier league. We will struggle to lay a glove on them Forever more. And you would think if that was the case, wouid moshiri bite the bullet and have us trying to be one of the 5 qualifiers every season

It would have been beautiful.

5Lwi.gif

But success would be much less lucrative

Of course everything is relative. To be able to plough in the naming rights it has to happen, else we stand still, we don't increase in value as a club and then the money already ploughed in becomes a waste.

If this does go ahead eventually the 'super' league becomes the norm and there is a pathway in, or the whole thing collapses on its ass and those clubs come back. Either way we have to make sure we are best positioned to be able to compete.

With respect mate I'm not sure you understand what is going on here.
Its an unregulated league and clubs and players are going to be heavily punished for this.
Massive fines
Stripped of titles
Players not allowed to play for their countries.
Money might carry it for a year or 2 but long term it'll be a disaster.
That is still to be determined. I do hope they are savaged, but international football ultimately needs those players.
In the end money talks, and this will be a battle of wills.
It could get smothered at birth, but if a big American bank wrests control, it could succeed.