New Everton Stadium Discussion

Explains a lot, this:

754D13D4-EAE7-482E-A179-0DEA3F58ECA4.png

I think you are misunderstanding my argument. I've simply stated that the legislation, as applied today, would have to change because nobody would be interested in paying for a stadium that nobody would be allowed to attend.

No restrictions, no problem!

So if the plan goes ahead and the restrictions are removed, sound! But if there was a need to make use of that subsection that states the plan can be completely changed should it need to be, then that could be a problem. Hopefully that won't be the case, but I'm clearly not as confident in predicting the future as many other people are.
sorry pal, you're going to have to go on ignore for a while, too early for bed. This is pointless, tedious and disrupting a decent thread

Are you saying that a new stadium is never going to be built anywhere ever again just in case a wild coronavirus appears again in the future?

This is the RAWK response in a nutshell. I made a salient point about the impact that, y'know, bans from attending stadia may have on developments that will depend on stadium attendance, and then there's a mobbed response implying that I've claimed that there will never be any stadia built ever again.

This is the RAWK response in a nutshell. I made a salient point about the impact that, y'know, bans from attending stadia may have on developments that will depend on stadium attendance, and then there's a mobbed response implying that I've claimed that there will never be any stadia built ever again.
You keep mentioning RAWK in your posts. Very strange behaviour. On the watch-list you go chummy.

And I have explained to you how lenders/investors would rate the "no fans ever" as a risk factor. It wouldnt be one, cos there would be no point in having any ground built. Ergo, no risk.

You have demonstrated you have little idea about how, and why, commercial property is funded/managed/built, but refuse to acknowledge the actual truth of the reality from someone who has more than a passing interest in the mechanics of it.

If you are interested, I could explain said mechanics behind the Dell Computer distribution hub build in Eastern Europe a few decades ago. Quite a page turner.

Right, i think there will be capacity crowds at the start of next season. I also think that during the winter games there may be some rules like face masks must be worn & reduced capacity again to maybe 50% but i hope I'm wrong. At the end of summer 2022 i expect all adults in the UK who want & can have a jab to be on thier second round of vaccinations & the nhs gearing up for round three for the oldest & most vulnerable with improved vaccines. If during late October/November 2022 the public are asked to socially distance themselves & wear masks again then i see the country going into full revolt of the rules because if we haven't got a grip on it by then, we are just going to have to accept a certain level of death like we all ready do with the flu.
Bramley Moore will be full all season when it opens.

So from what I can gather so far, the stadium has been called in because covid is stopping people going into the overhanging tiers.
More importantly the project won't receive approval until @davek thinks up some more compelling wum arguments while @Dymak Fills in for him.

Did I miss anything?

God bless.

I believe there also could be a problem with Pigeons in the roof of the overhanging tiers too.

Apparently they`re not too happy about sharing their reserved area with the zombie hordes.

Beaver Moon. Just googled it fully expecting swat to burst through the front door but no... a really pretty moon. It's now my favourite moon. I never even knew 'beaver moon' was a thing but now I'm hooked. I go all in on things like this so I'm looking forward to boring the lads about it in the pub in a few months.

Fun Fact: The time of the Beaver Moon was the time for both the colonists and the Algonquin tribes to set beaver traps to ensure a supply of warm winter furs.

I agree with this. Nobody can see into the future and life is full of risk, but that doesn't mean you should never subject yourself to any risk. You couldn't do it even if you tried.

But your point about the 'best knowledge available' is a great one. At present, there is an outright ban on stadia attendance due to a novel coronavirus that apparently creates a new strain every two weeks. I simply made the point that a continuation of the present day coronavirus restrictions would make the project unviable. A 500 million pound stadium development is kind of reliant on people being able to attend the stadium.
Yes. You're right. IF the present day coronavirus restrictions continued for the next 3 years, a new stadium project would be unviable.

As would most restaurants, bars, hotels, airports etc and the livelihoods of all the people who work in those sectors.

ie. at the end of the day it's akin to saying 'if martians invade and slaughter 75% of the population on earth, will our new stadium be at risk?

Yes, but it won't be on anyone's list of things to worry about.