New Everton Stadium Discussion

I did something i had never done before and went on to rawk tonight, in fairness they made some valid points about how we would fund it and questions about Usmanov. The majority can see the economic benefits it would bring to the city, i didn't get them to be raging with Jealousy and i must say i was disappointed in that.
The mask will slip as soon as it starts coming up out of the dock.

Particularly as they will be back in their usual spot of chasing pack at best.

Should;nt have opened my mouth. Have put the "mockers" on it. Don't all back it lads ! It'll fall at the first!

If it’s anything like Davek it will continue jockeyless to the end and be the first horse over the line where it will state to the other horses “I never said I’d be the first horse back with a jockey on my back, I said I’d be the first horse over the line“.

It’s gonna be weird when we leave, admittedly I’ve not been to Goodison even half as much as some on here but have been in more than enough occasions over the last 35 years to absolutely love the place every time I’m there. I’ve sat all over the ground over the years (never in the top balcony oddly enough) and my favourite has to be the upper Geladys. It’s getting increasingly difficult to get tickets these days and is going to get harder but I’m going to try and get there as often as I can now before we finally say goodbye.
You're not missing anything. I've sat there three times in all the time I've been going to Goodison and it was bloody freezing every single time.

If anyone is in need of a laugh, go and have a read of the Everton thread on RAWK.

hOw WiLl ThEy FiNaNcE iT!?!?!

The irony of them calling us bitter. They’re pulling up graphs and everything trying to prove how we won’t be able to afford it.

Billionaires don’t play by normal rules, you absolute tossers.
I did have a quick peek. Comments about how we would afford it with the rising cost of steel. I think we know someone who can do us a good deal on steel

Reckon Jeff will be delighted today. BM approved and ready to go, and the council loan / SPV was never progressed, which is what he was so upset over (right?).

Hopefully they get him back on to offer his congratulations and we can hear how happy he is at how it’s all turned out.
The city misses out on millions due to weasels like him. The lousy kopite rats.

HI people
So excited - amazing news.
I've got mixed feelings about Dan Meis...
He's obviously passionate about the blues, and seemed to have really done a great job with the design and the fan engagement - seemed to 'get us'!
Is retaining him in the project sentimental and old fashioned, and is his social media also doing the job of promoting his work and his work, or is it sensible and professional to have retained his services...
Just wondering about the professional aspect of it as I don't know how design handovers work in this