New Everton Stadium Discussion

Made up. A modern, quality stadium in the city centre and right by the Mersey. Truly the club of the city.

But also sadness at leaving Goodison. Spent some great time there, obstructed view seats included.

But this is real progress, so I'll push down the sadness at leaving our old home and hope for great times at the new.

I said just the other day that the SOS will ask one question. "Is this in any way connected to what LCC were up to?"

I said the answer will be "No Minister"

I always felt this moght actually help rather than hinder the bid. It is quite a high profile example of people doing the right thing. To have dragged that in with some of the alleged (and it's important we say alleged) wrongdoing would have been about as stupid a move as possible. Can you honestly imagine Robert Jerwick, after what he's done, penalising Everton Football Club for absolutely no reason whatsoever?

This was a very easy opportunity for them to just sort of go "there- if the processes are followed things are easy".

I'm not surprised, and just goes to show the council made the right call 4 weeks ago or whatever it was. Not sure why there was any need for a delay from the government, but they've made themselves feel important for a few extra days so I suppose everyone is a winner.

Dave’s next consideration will be funding
He will claim in a post Covid world no one will be lending
The truth is household savings are at record levels , banks are awash with cash , no one is borrowing , banks are charging for large deposits , some government bonds are giving a negative return
Private investors , public funds , pension funds , hedge funds will be lining up to lend 2 billionaires cash at very competitive rates

Unbelievable day, beers have just been lobbed straight in the fridge for tonight.

I've got a season ticket in Lower Gwladys Street. I make most games but there are always 1 or 2 games a season I can't make due to work, being abroad etc.

Any games which I cant make for whatever reason I'll put in the tickets thread and I won't be wanting any money for them either. Would love to help people who have never been to Goodison and never experienced the magic of the Old Lady before!

Hopefully be able to help 5-8 people over these next few years live the dream which I live every other weekend.

I will second this for any we don't make.

Starting off with @PhoenixFirebird