New Everton Stadium Discussion

Just want it built now ,how anyone can object with this on the banks of the mersey is beyond me, absolute breathtaking for us evertonians especially but come on even the neutral will be gobsmacked once this is all built its amazing!
I obviously wouldn't object and don't understand why people would object.

But I do think the outside of the stadium lacks a distinctive feature that says to me Everton. If I showed the outside of the stadium to anyone and asked them who plays there, nobody would know.

I'd like to see the outside of the stadium built with some nice blue stone from a quarry instead of brick. Obviously it's more expensive but this is about identity.

But I do think the outside of the stadium lacks a distinctive feature that says to me Everton. If I showed the outside of the stadium to anyone and asked them who plays there, nobody would know.

I'd like to see the outside of the stadium built with some nice blue stone from a quarry instead of brick. Obviously it's more expensive but this is about identity.

We could put EVERTON in massive letters on the end facing the city.

To be fair, Meis said the intial design with 'Everton' written on was there as a place holder to show at any point this can be added, the feedback was people were not keen on it or the font or something. I would expect more branding will come onto it once it's built. No need to make a final decision on that just yet I'd imagine? They'll know there are hotspots on the stadium that need "Everton'ing" up.

Once it gets PP and the bricks start going in, they can start to finalise what will work best branding wise.

To be fair, Meis said the intial design with 'Everton' written on was there as a place holder to show at any point this can be added, the feedback was people were not keen on it or the font or something. I would expect more branding will come onto it once it's built. No need to make a final decision on that just yet I'd imagine? They'll know there are hotspots on the stadium that need "Everton'ing" up.

Once it gets PP and the bricks start going in, they can start to finalise what will work best branding wise.

The planning docs state where the sponsors names can be placed. I very much doubt there will be much more Everton stuff, there's the club bage, blue lighting, lattice work on the bricks, not sure what people are expecting really. It's going to be iconic and will be known to football supporters as our stadium.

The planning docs state where the sponsors names can be placed. I very much doubt there will be much more Everton stuff, there's the club bage, blue lighting, lattice work on the bricks, not sure what people are expecting really. It's going to be iconic and will be known to football supporters as our stadium.

Exactly. Too much Everton on it and it will appear tacky. It doesn't look like anything else so will be instantly recognisable as ours.

Not forgetting the subtle "Everton Mint" stripe effect in the canopy.

The construction company, Laings iirc, hired an architect to deliver the build, via the Meis plans. Apparently, its quite normal practice; I guess the skill sets are different between designing and actually building.
Yes. I understand that some of the original plans didn't comply with UK Regs