New Everton Stadium Discussion

My understanding is that Peel would want a much more complete development than just a stadium, so they/we would need the commitment of other developers around the stadium location. A stand alone stadium potentially reduces the development value of surrounding land, so it has to come as a package.

As I said Esk, a start has to be made some where. From what you are saying Peel would be waiting until kingdom come.

In another post, some one mentioned about LCC getting tough with Peel over allowing land to be left derelict.

Again...if thats the case it must not be a part of our plans...in the other hand I believe it was already in our plans some time ago....why....if these problems you say are true..

Kirkby was part of our plans, mate. They said the transport for there would be world-leading....Until it was found to be one of the many things that blew their promises completely out the water.

Just a point regarding Peel. They own the waterfront but there is still loads of room in so called brownfield sites the other side of the road. The are any number of sites that could be cleared from just north of the city centre to the border with Bootle parallel with the riverfront. Peel don't own any of that.

Just to add to this, there's space in behind the Clarence Dock and the majority of the land from behind Costco up towards Sandhills station appears to be run-down warehouses, brownfield sites & abandoned buildings.

Definitely worth consideration.

Again...if thats the case it must not be a part of our plans...in the other hand I believe it was already in our plans some time ago....why....if these problems you say are true..
Kings Dock was in "our plans", destination kirkby was in "our plans", the point is now that if we have someone with either the money or business acumen and connections to get it right, then let's get it right.

If our new shareholder had not appeared I would probably be championing a move to a new stadium in WHP, but now that we have someone with serious money and his know how it would seem stupid not to look at all avenues for a new better located stadium site to enhance our image in the football world.

As I said Esk, a start has to be made some where. From what you are saying Peel would be waiting until kingdom come.

In another post, some one mentioned about LCC getting tough with Peel over allowing land to be left derelict.

That's not really happening as Peel have demonstrated a plan to the council, which the council are happy with.

With Clarence dock site, the ONLY bit that encourages me is that Peel are selling the land on the site, not looking to rent it out, so, pay enough and you can buy it.

Trouble is, how much is enough? Developers looking to build there will be building properties similar to the Princes reach project, tall buildings with a small footprint and high return, they will pay many millions for the land and to have the opportunity to maximise ROI with Sqm floor space. Its all very different for a Stadium. It'd be many more millions as the footprint would be much larger than any Residential high rise and will have a smaller Sqm for the appropriate ROI. We have money, yes, or at least it seems as though we might if the purchase of the shares it ratified by the FA, but really, will it be enough?

For me we need to think on a wider scale. Principally it will be a football stadium, but could conference facilities be incorporated, Leisure centre, availbale for concerts and surely some other activities.

That's not really happening as Peel have demonstrated a plan to the council, which the council are happy with.
I appreciate that Jacko but how long do LCC wait for it to start another 5yrs, 10, 15 yrs a decision has to be made about the site and if peel holdings are not going to push ahead with their plans than maybe LCC will be forced to act

I asked this question few weeks ago and it iterests me a bit...

- is there a limit in the city of Liverpool where Everton CAN'T move without risking its identity?
For example could we move down south of the city?