New Everton Stadium Discussion

Are you as simple as your logic?

It's the interest rates that go up and make borrowing difficult.

They'll all give us the money at silly high rates hoping we fail to pay and then they (the banks) will own club and stadium through bankruptcy. And that's why EFC won't take a loan.

"Put it this way, if banks won’t lend to us in this climate then they won’t be lending to anyone." - Really?

"You’re chatting poo my friend" - I engage my brain before I speak, do you?

1+1 = 2, 2+2=4, 3+3=6 are you keepin up?

It's good to learn things from adults - yes?
crops up in the stadium thread, has blue in his username, talks wham and gets niggly with 'fellow blues', now when have we seen that type of behaviour before...

With low interest rates and companies going to the wall, investors will be desperate for something to throw their money in to. What better than a football club, and what better than an area of a city that has such growth potential.

The chance of our stadium being built has actually improved considerably since the lockdown. One area that won't fail is football, while it may be subject to distancing and no fns in stadiums, the fans will soon be back. A stadium is a long term investment with a regular return. Investors are not usually short sighted.

Ignore the wind up merchants that have been drinking the silver polish.
silver polish you say, can that be mixed with bleach? Asking for a friend.

I do think it’s likely to go ahead , are the payments around 20 million a year for 25 years iirc ? And that will be a mixture of the improved match day income , guaranteed stadium naming rights paying the majority of this figure .

If the board can show the banks that a sponsor Is there and a business plan showing an increase in revenue can cover these payments plus the obvious increase in tv rights as the years move on then the owner acting as a guarantor for the amount will convince the banks it’s a pretty low risk loan .

What I may have missed or maybe misread was there not supposed to be another consultation announcement regarding ticket prices etc .
didn't we have a 'sponsor' who bunged us £20m to be at the front of a fictional queue for stadium rights? Funding wont be a problem however it is structured.

didn't we have a 'sponsor' who bunged us £20m to be at the front of a fictional queue for stadium rights? Funding wont be a problem however it is structured.

We do have a “ sponsor “ who wants first dibs on the rights , I did say a guaranteed sponsor in other words say a ten year deal pretty much watertight to go towards a business plan if you don’t have a business plan then funding would be an issue through a bank loan

We do have a “ sponsor “ who wants first dibs on the rights , I did say a guaranteed sponsor in other words say a ten year deal pretty much watertight to go towards a business plan if you don’t have a business plan then funding would be an issue through a bank loan
is right bro, this project is going nailed on 100% going to get built, and soon

is right bro, this project is going nailed on 100% going to get built, and soon
There's millions of quid being spent on all the approach roads and associated facilities heading slap bang into the middle of Bramley Moore dock, Uncle Ali lashed 30 million more of said quids for the potential naming rights to this imaginary stadium, everybody has seen the submitted plans awaiting approval but still folk are kidding themselves this isn't happening.

It isnt even worth the effort of engaging with such buffoonery any more.