New Everton Stadium Discussion

Can you just clarify that you believe the architects and engineers have designed a half billion pound structure that won't fit?

I don't have a problem with what he said, he's right. The site is slim with us building N-S and there are very valid questions regarding attendee and vehicle circulation that, you would imagine, are dealt with in the detailed planning app.

The stadium fits, of course it does, but that shouldn't rule out scrutiny. I'd have liked us to buy part of Nelson but I have no idea if we even asked.

Not having a go at any one individual but there's a strange defensive position by some on this thread whenevr people question the build. There's little in he public domain to refer to at the minute so think people need to calm down a bit.

Taking the car park as an example.

Has anybody questioned why the car park isn't in the big, mad hole under where the stadium will be? Why does the parking have to be on the west of the stadium (on the roof it seems) via a very narrow channel? Can't we build a car park on the east and have an integrated walkway across to the main stand for those who get a spec?

There may well be extremely valid reasons for the current set-up but let's not just not question things. The greatest view from the stadium river side looks to be the car park. Absolute madness.

M2VmFXm.jpg

I don't have a problem with what he said, he's right. The site is slim with us building N-S and there are very valid questions regarding attendee and vehicle circulation that, you would imagine, are dealt with in the detailed planning app.

The stadium fits, of course it does, but that shouldn't rule out scrutiny. I'd have liked us to buy part of Nelson but I have no idea if we even asked.

Not having a go at any one individual but there's a strange defensive position by some on this thread whenevr people question the build. There's little in he public domain to refer to at the minute so think people need to calm down a bit.
If you look at page 15, sub section B,of the presentation it says that 2 sides of the ground will only be available to people under 5ft 1. So there will be no problem with the ground.

Taking the car park as an example.

Has anybody questioned why the car park isn't in the big, mad hole under where the stadium will be? Why does the parking have to be on the west of the stadium (on the roof it seems) via a very narrow channel? Can't we build a car park on the east and have an integrated walkway across to the main stand for those who get a spec?

There may well be extremely valid reasons for the current set-up but let's not just not question things. The greatest view from the stadium river side looks to be the car park. Absolute madness.

M2VmFXm.jpg

I think the side facing the Mersey is going to have a glass roof restaurant mate and the way the brick work has been integrated it won't even look like a car park.

Like you said though mate, nothing wrong with questioning stuff as we all want it to be the best it can be

Looks superb from that pic you posted ;)

With the greatest of respect city ‘centres’ move all the time. I’m an ex-pat and know more about Newcastle than Liverpool but I can point you in the direction of at least 3 historic centres in Newcastle. Bridge building, road building and I daresay cruise terminal building change the flow of people and business all the time. In. Most city centres the footfall goes to the newest development.
working in Manchester I totally agree. That is a city that is constant in it's development & therefore spreads. In 50 years time the city centre in Liverpool will be different & with the plans Peel have BMD will not feel as far as you think in terms of being a city centre stadium

Think people are just having a bit of fun mate, myself included, no offense actually meant, I do think he continually made his point though, a bit thin in the details though.

I thought the car park was moved in later drawings ????

There's a ground floor car park Bri and then the rest has been moved to inside the West Stand. I think @MickA is under the impression it's on the top part of the external building (which he may be correct about) but I think the glass part at the top of the West stand will be some kind of corporate area/bar/restaurant

There's a ground floor car park Bri and then the rest has been moved to inside the West Stand. I think @MickA is under the impression it's on the top part of the external building (which he may be correct about) but I think the glass part at the top of the West stand will be some kind of corporate area/bar/restaurant
I knew I had read that the car park had been moved.
The high fliers will,want a nice view to go with their prawns and Prosecco